The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 30, 2005, 01:07pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

In case anyone cares, the NFHS site has posted the 2005-2006 Basketball Rules and Case Books. No cutting and pasting, but you can read them.
Old Tue Aug 30, 2005, 04:29pm
Official Forum Member

Where on NFHS.org are you finding this?
Old Tue Aug 30, 2005, 05:09pm
Official Forum Member

From the main page, click on Sports and Rules Information.

From there click on Member Content: View Online Publications
Old Tue Aug 30, 2005, 05:41pm
Official Forum Member

Members can browse and search the online version of the case books and rules books as they are made available.

Note: The current season's printed version of the NFHS rules books and case books are to be used as the authoritative version.

The NFHS monitors the use of the member area. Sharing of user names and passwords is strictly prohibited.

This area is available to all members of the NFHS professional associations and state association staff.

Online Publications FAQ:

How do I become a member?
Click on the “Forms & Applications” link on the left-hand side of the page. Select an association application, fill it out and send it in with your payment.

Why do I have to be a member and login to view the online publications?
The NFHS is looking to provide more benefits to the membership. Your membership must be current, or you will not be able to view the content.

How do I login to the site?
NFHS Login Instructions

What are the benefits of viewing the rules and case books online versus a printed copy?
The online book allows quicker access to the information with the search feature. The online book will tell you where the information can be found at in the printed copy.

Why are the illustrations and tables not available online?
The NFHS is working on a way to place the illustrations and tables online for viewing.

If a contradiction is found between the online and printed version, which one is the “official” version?
The printed version will always be the “official” version.

Why am I not able to print the information online?
The information provided online is all copyrighted material and is not to be reprinted or distributed in any fashion. If you would like to have a printed copy, please use our online ordering system to order the publication.

When will all the case books and rules books be available online?
The NFHS is working very hard to get all of the books
online. Below you will find a schedule when each publication will be viewable online. (c – Case book only, b – Case book and rules book)

---------------------------------------------------------
Can I distribute my login information to others for them to use?
The NFHS Web login and password is to be used by the member only. Sharing of logins and passwords is strictly prohibited. Login activity is monitored and members could be contacted if the login information is being abused.

Author: Unknown
Release Date: 7/23/2004

Old Thu Sep 01, 2005, 05:47am
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

Like you said you need to be a member of the NFHS to have access to the rulebook and casebook.

What do you gain by became a member?

I found out you need to pay $30 to become a member.

I send an e-mail to the contact e-mail and they could not answer my question. Is the $30 feed a membership for life or you need to pay every year to stay as a member?.

Does any one have the answer? or anyone of you are member the NFHS for a long time?

Thank you
Reyes
Old Thu Sep 01, 2005, 06:52am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by RUBIERA
Is the $30 feed a membership for life or you need to pay every year to stay as a member?.
Well, considering that the FED's only income is from the sale of its rules and educational materials, I would guess that you gotta fork over the 30 bucks every year.
Old Thu Sep 01, 2005, 07:20am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by RUBIERA
Is the $30 feed a membership for life or you need to pay every year to stay as a member?.
Well, considering that the FED's only income is from the sale of its rules and educational materials, I would guess that you gotta fork over the 30 bucks every year.
Yup,$30/year to view the on-line books-- as opposed to $6.75 each + shipping for a new rule book and case book if you order the hard copies.
Old Thu Sep 01, 2005, 08:12am
Official Forum Member

Membership also includes some kind of insurance. I've never looked into the details, but I know it's there.

Illinois officials are automatically members as the IHSA pays for our membership.
Old Thu Sep 01, 2005, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Grail
Membership also includes some kind of insurance. I've never looked into the details, but I know it's there.

Illinois officials are automatically members as the IHSA pays for our membership.
There are some other benefits, insurance is one, I think you might get a publication quartly too.
Old Fri Sep 02, 2005, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Just received my quarterly publication. One new benefit of membership will be the chance to take the surveys on new rules. In the past the survey was sent to 500 coaches, 500 officials and 1 to each of the 51 "state" associations for a total of 1051 surveys. Sometime this year they will make the surveys available online for all member officials and coaches.

Don't know if they'll actually listen to all of us, but at least we'll get a sort of forum to give our opinions.

Old Fri Sep 02, 2005, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Just received my quarterly publication. One new benefit of membership will be the chance to take the surveys on new rules. In the past the survey was sent to 500 coaches, 500 officials and 1 to each of the 51 "state" associations for a total of 1051 surveys. Sometime this year they will make the surveys available online for all member officials and coaches.

Don't know if they'll actually listen to all of us, but at least we'll get a sort of forum to give our opinions.

Since you have beneficial access to the online rule publications, what is your opinion on the new 2005-6 rule changes and let all of us know how to administer them?
Old Fri Sep 02, 2005, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I wonder if they'll be able to break down the input they receive based on who sent it in, i.e., whether it was an official, coach, etc.

Alaska also includes NFHS membership in the fee we pay to get certified.
Old Sun Sep 04, 2005, 11:48pm
Official Forum Member

Is it just me or is the format that these publications are in on the site just terrible? Personally, I'd prefer some kind of PDF Format.

Heck, I may scan my book into PDF format this year just to see how easy it is to do.