The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Cartmell Capt meeting (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/90283-cartmell-capt-meeting.html)

Adam Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GROUPthink (Post 834729)
It's easy for me. I generally don't listen to my partner's captain's meeting spiel. :D

Ever throw in a yawn?

Rich Thu Mar 29, 2012 01:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 834730)
Ever throw in a yawn?

Occasionally, I pretend to look at a watch. ;)

rockyroad Thu Mar 29, 2012 09:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 834720)
"Listen to us guys, we'll talk you out of the lane....."? Was that it?

Nope...it was a District playoff game, between two teams from the same town and same school district. We were playing in a gym that each team had played at least 6 games in that year, and he starts in with the "OK guys, it's the black line all around the court..."

One of the captains came up to me a minute later as they were warming up and said "Thanks, man!"

Adam Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 834751)
Nope...it was a District playoff game, between two teams from the same town and same school district. We were playing in a gym that each team had played at least 6 games in that year, and he starts in with the "OK guys, it's the black line all around the court..."

One of the captains came up to me a minute later as they were warming up and said "Thanks, man!"

Nice.

Raymond Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:08am

I have a standard one word reply when the R asks if I have anything: "Sportsmanship"

fiasco Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:13am

Count me as one who finds it pretty childish to ask for your partners' input then get annoyed when they give it. That being said, I always just give a shake of my head "no."

rockyroad Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiasco (Post 834761)
Count me as one who finds it pretty childish to ask for your partners' input then get annoyed when they give it. That being said, I always just give a shake of my head "no."

Just to set the record straight here, I did not ask my partners if they had anything to add. He just started talking...

7IronRef Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:56am

We have people around these parts that disagree with "have fun" :rolleyes:

Adam Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 834763)
Just to set the record straight here, I did not ask my partners if they had anything to add. He just started talking...

Have to admit I figured the "do you have anything" was just a standard empty statement. While I wasn't annoyed with partners who added something, I was certainly judgmental. Well, I *am* judgmental, actually.

If someone thinks that makes me childish, well, my response is simple:

"Does not."

rockyroad Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7IronRef (Post 834765)
We have people around these parts that disagree with "have fun" :rolleyes:

What??

Seriously?

Why?

Rich Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:25am

I really like the freedom of movement discussion. And I'm one that normally ends a meeting in about 10 seconds. I may have to add some of these things next season.

Andy Thu Mar 29, 2012 04:40pm

Quote:

It's easy for me. I generally don't listen to my partner's captain's meeting spiel. :D

Hmmmm...kind of like the captains......

7IronRef Thu Mar 29, 2012 05:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 834814)

...and the coaches at the coaches meeting....and the table crew at the table meeting....:D

BillyMac Fri Mar 30, 2012 06:33am

Yada Yada ...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7IronRef (Post 834820)
...and the coaches at the coaches meeting....and the table crew at the table meeting....

... and partners in the pregame conference.

Raymond Fri Mar 30, 2012 07:43am

Quote:

Yeah, like the captains in a couple of these videos.