The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 25, 2012, 10:38pm
Official Forum Member

Clear block on the first one. And like most of you said, I would have stayed away as the L on that one. C has the first best look.

I don't have anything in the Kansas v. UNC game. That's either a PC or a no call, but I liked the way the ref'ing crew handled that one much better. The C held his signal nicely. The L sold his call effectively. I just happen to disagree with the judgement, but I liked everything else.
Old Mon Mar 26, 2012, 12:09am
Official Forum Member

Syr. charge (as called) was a block. It wasn't even that close. The lead was out of position and completely booted it.

The Kansas block (as called) was a charge. The defender was in position a LONG time before the shooter got there.

Both these plays were incorrectly called.
Old Mon Mar 26, 2012, 07:43am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Syr. charge (as called) was a block. It wasn't even that close. The lead was out of position and completely booted it.

The Kansas block (as called) was a charge. The defender was in position a LONG time before the shooter got there.

Both these plays were incorrectly called.
Agreed on both counts, but at least in the Kansas game the Lead was in position to see the play.
Old Mon Mar 26, 2012, 08:37am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Jim B had good reason to be upset - that play was a block. Shouldn't the C have had a whistle on this play? I would bet that the C had a better look at the play than the L did.

I don't know what Jim did to be issued the T. I'd hope that he was given a bit more rope when such a call was kicked.

In the other video, it's about as clear as a PC as possible.
Old Mon Mar 26, 2012, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Jim B had good reason to be upset - that play was a block. Shouldn't the C have had a whistle on this play? I would bet that the C had a better look at the play than the L did.

I don't know what Jim did to be issued the T. I'd hope that he was given a bit more rope when such a call was kicked.

In the other video, it's about as clear as a PC as possible.
Probably couldn't tell, but I would bet Jim B got so upset because the call came from where it did. If that call comes from L does he still get that upset? Guessing no.

On the second one, even through my black and gold colored Mizzou glasses, that is a charge. L was in perfect position for it too.
Old Mon Mar 26, 2012, 09:33am
Courageous When Prudent

Syracuse play

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
Probably couldn't tell, but I would bet Jim B got so upset because the call came from where it did. If that call comes from L does he still get that upset? Guessing no.
The call did come from the Lead. But the Lead did not position himself to referee that play.
Old Mon Mar 26, 2012, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

If I read Boeheim's lips correctly he seemed to be arguing that the defender was in the restricted area, which the replays show that he (barely) wasn't.

My question for the esteemed members of this board is why was this game called so much tighter than every other game this weekend? I think that most of the calls that they made were technically correct, but certainly the threshold of what was a foul and what was merely incidental contact was very low in this game compared to the rest of the tourney.

Thoughts?

Last edited by biz; Mon Mar 26, 2012 at 10:54am. Reason: punctuation