The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 28, 2004, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

If any of the above (or anyone else, for that matter) happened to catch tonight's Xavier/George Washington game, could you send me an e-mail (through my profile), and IM (if you know it), or just leave a response here?

Thanks.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 02:13am
In Memoriam

I saw a little bit of it, Mark.I was doing a whole lotta channel surfing, though, so I don't know how much help I can be.

Btw, I've seen several GWU games so far. Are you still on the scorer's table this year? If so, where?
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 07:17am
Official Forum Member

I've been the scorer for the most part this season, and was keeping the book last night.

The incident happened coming out of the second media timeout. One of the GW players (White #1; of course - it's always the home team) either didn't check in, or checked in by waving from 30 feet, or I just plain missed him.

No matter what, coming out of the media TO, I didn't have him as having checked into the game. I stopped the game from restarting (to much confusion) and thankfully (for my life and my job) we had a good game control ref who simply had the player check in there and then. (You know who you are, and if you're reading this, I thank you.)

I was just wondering if anyone had seen #1 check in (according to the timer, he checked in at an opportunity before the media timeout) and, if so, when.

Of course, anyone who has a copy of the game tape (doubtful) or knows someone at FSN Ohio (MTD, Sr.??? ) would be greatly appreciated . . . . .
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 08:15am
In Memoriam

Sorry, Mark, I can't help you. I saw the incident, but I wasn't watching very closely. I happened to be talking on the phone with the sound turned off when it happened too.

Everybody looked happy when it was over, if that helps any. Maybe next game, you need to do a pre-game with the timer?
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 08:48am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Sorry, Mark, I can't help you. I saw the incident, but I wasn't watching very closely. I happened to be talking on the phone with the sound turned off when it happened too.

Everybody looked happy when it was over, if that helps any. Maybe next game, you need to do a pre-game with the timer?
Does it make sense to talk on the phone with the sound off?

BTW, interesting post Mark, thanks.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Makes sense to watch the game with the commentators turned off.

Of course, the horn is what was kind of messing us all up at that point.
Old Thu Jan 29, 2004, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Does it make sense to talk on the phone with the sound off?
lol, that was a good one, thanks for the laugh... as usual.