The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 04, 2012, 02:15pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Smile Never heard this one before - really

Yesterday, second to last weekend for our local kids rec league. I'm working an 8th grade boys game and the green team is crushing the white team by about 40 with a little over three minutes to go. The ball goes OOB under white's basket and it's a throw in for green. Everyone except A1 and A2 for green go down to the other end. A1 inbounds to A2 who lays it up into white's basket. I blow my whistle, go over to the table to explain the situation. Coach A calls A2 over to ask him what happened. A2 said he felt sorry for the other team and thought he'd be a nice guy and give them some extra points. His tone and demeanor led me to believe he was serious.

Ya' learn something new every season.
Old Tue Dec 24, 2013, 04:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
Yesterday, second to last weekend for our local kids rec league. I'm working an 8th grade boys game and the green team is crushing the white team by about 40 with a little over three minutes to go. The ball goes OOB under white's basket and it's a throw in for green. Everyone except A1 and A2 for green go down to the other end. A1 inbounds to A2 who lays it up into white's basket. I blow my whistle, go over to the table to explain the situation. Coach A calls A2 over to ask him what happened. A2 said he felt sorry for the other team and thought he'd be a nice guy and give them some extra points. His tone and demeanor led me to believe he was serious.

Ya' learn something new every season.
He was showing good sportsmanship/charity.