Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Snaqs.....aren't you in Iowa?
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 12:26pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Snaqs.....aren't you in Iowa?
Not anymore. Moved to the mountains 6 years ago.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 01:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

When In "Rome" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Moved to the mountains 6 years ago.
Isn't "Rome" built on seven mountains?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 04:48pm
Official Forum Member

No one else has issue with them not putting C opposite table to give him the buzzer?
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 04:57pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
No one else has issue with them not putting C opposite table to give him the buzzer?
I don't...why would you want them to do this? In NFHS, opposite the table has the clock, so why do we need to fudge around with our positioning to get the C opposite as opposed to the T being opposite?
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 05:04pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
No issue whatsoever.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 05:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jalons
Perfectly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Forget all of the travel decisions and whether the try was released in time, there is a much bigger issue here--two of the players for the team in white in the Wisconsin game are wearing different colored headbands!
Very obvious when they are sitting next to each other on the bench during the time-out. One has red and the other has black.
In Iowa, we follow this adaptation:

Wristbands and Headwear - We will be adhering to Rules 3-5-3 and 3-6 regarding wristbands and headwear with the following exceptions. Anything worn in the hair (including headbands) must be soft and unadorned but maybe any color or multi-colored and do not have to match for all teammates. Bobby pins 2” or less will also be allowed. Wristbands may be any color or multi-colored and do not have to match for all teammates, but must be moisture-absorbing material. Lance Armstrong bracelets, rubber bands, etc., are still illegal as they are not moisture absorbing.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 05:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalons View Post

Wristbands and Headwear - We will be adhering to Rules 3-5-3 and 3-6 regarding wristbands and headwear with the following exceptions. Anything worn in the hair (including headbands) must be soft and unadorned but maybe any color or multi-colored and do not have to match for all teammates. Bobby pins 2” or less will also be allowed. Wristbands may be any color or multi-colored and do not have to match for all teammates, but must be moisture-absorbing material. Lance Armstrong bracelets, rubber bands, etc., are still illegal as they are not moisture absorbing.
Is this an exception to NFHS rules adopted by the state overall? Did I comprehended that correctly?
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 05:31pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truerookie View Post
Is this an exception to NFHS rules adopted by the state overall? Did I comprehended that correctly?
Yes. I remember reading this before, too, but it had slipped my mind.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 06:13pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by truerookie View Post
I wish the Fed would follow suit.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 08:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I wish the Fed would follow suit.
With the color of the wristbands/headbands, yeah. I always enforce it but I could care less what color they have on.

However I don't like allowing the bobby pins. The day one of those catches a kid in the eye is the day the state association gets sued, along with, possibly, the officials on the game.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 10:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
I don't...why would you want them to do this? In NFHS, opposite the table has the clock, so why do we need to fudge around withu our positioning to get the C opposite as opposed to the T being opposite?

Because c is able to better position himself. Hes much closer to the action on a long inbound and in a much better position to get a good look on the putback near the bucket.

It's not fudging anything, its after a to following a made bucket they can put it on either side of the lane they want. Why wouldn't they chose a side that gives the best look at the last shot?
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 10:58pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Because c is able to better position himself. Hes much closer to the action on a long inbound and in a much better position to get a good look on the putback near the bucket.

It's not fudging anything, its after a to following a made bucket they can put it on either side of the lane they want. Why wouldn't they chose a side that gives the best look at the last shot?
And what if the crew chooses to put the C opposite, but the ensuing play goes table side? How did that help?

I guess I'm just not seeing the need to move the crew around for any coverage purposes here.
Old Mon Mar 05, 2012, 11:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
And what if the crew chooses to put the C opposite, but the ensuing play goes table side? How did that help?

I guess I'm just not seeing the need to move the crew around for any coverage purposes here.
There were 4.5 seconds left. Even if the inbound pass goes table side the C is still in better position to get a look than trail. That's why its his PCA if there is backcourt pressure. In a situation in which there is going to be an extended possession I agree there is little advantage, but with 4.5 and a long inbound pass likely I can think of few situations in which C doesn't have a clear advantage. Honestly and respectfully I don't understand how this is even debatable.
Old Tue Mar 06, 2012, 01:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalons View Post

First, I clearly didn't know the correct state in which the contest was played.
Thank you for the insight into what Iowa does. Obviously different from most other places. I wonder if this game started with a coin toss or a jump ball.
Lastly, I hope people understood the lack of seriousness in my initial post.