The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 04:07pm
Official Forum Member

Here's another one-watch the beginning of this video for a count it/don't count it at the end of a championship game out in SoCal last night.Call on the floor was count it,game went to 2OT (Mark-obviously not one of your games ) and white won.Watching this live last night I thought it was no good-what say you?
Laguna Hills wins title in 2OT thriller | laguna, hills, ziering - Final - OC Varsity
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 04:11pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
Here's another one-watch the beginning of this video for a count it/don't count it at the end of a championship game out in SoCal last night.Call on the floor was count it,game went to 2OT (Mark-obviously not one of your games ) and white won.Watching this live last night I thought it was no good-what say you?
Laguna Hills wins title in 2OT thriller | laguna, hills, ziering - Final - OC Varsity
The trail was right the first time. I wonder why she let herself get talked out of the right call?
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 04:38pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
What Rich said...SCal, you were there? Walk us thru what happened, please. The T was waving the shot off right away, so how did they end up scoring it?
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 05:53pm
Official Forum Member

I wasn't there (Worked until six and wouldn't have made it for any games-Dang that SoCal traffic) but plan on going Saturday.Just watched it again on video and it looks like the HC of black got in pretty close to the official's huddle.Here's the link which shows more of the tableside discussion and the last possesion of regulation-
CIF-SS (3aa): Laguna Hills 59, Alemany 55 (2OT)

Speed the tape ahead to 1 Hr 12 Mins 35 Seconds for the final possesion of regulation and subsequent discussion of whether or not the basket should've counted.I had the audio turned off so I don't know what was said or not.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 06:57pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
I wasn't there (Worked until six and wouldn't have made it for any games-Dang that SoCal traffic) but plan on going Saturday.Just watched it again on video and it looks like the HC of black got in pretty close to the official's huddle.Here's the link which shows more of the tableside discussion and the last possesion of regulation-
CIF-SS (3aa): Laguna Hills 59, Alemany 55 (2OT)

Speed the tape ahead to 1 Hr 12 Mins 35 Seconds for the final possesion of regulation and subsequent discussion of whether or not the basket should've counted.I had the audio turned off so I don't know what was said or not.
Wow.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 09:21pm
Official Forum Member

Not even close and if The Rookie is correct in the other thread, why in the hell is the lead adding anything to this conversation, unless of course the trail needed help.

2 unrelated questions, if you don't mind.

Isn't there sufficient contact (observe better in the first video) on the 3-point shooter to have a foul?

5 minute OT?
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

BLydic-
They initally put up 5 minutes on the streaming footage then ended up correcting it during the first OT.
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

Wow-I just saw the video of the trail's initial wave off on the play I posted about.The trail comes in with a clear and confident wave off and just allows herself to be talked into a count it call.Here's a clip of video with her wave off-http://www.ocvarsity.com/video/?videoId=1481976578001&play=now
Old Thu Mar 01, 2012, 11:45pm
Back from the DL

This mostly speaks about my area, but I was a little taken aback with the post-game interview of a high school kid from the losing side. No TV station in this neck of the woods would touch that. Newspapers? Sure. TV? Nope.
Old Fri Mar 02, 2012, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Wow-I just saw the video of the trail's initial wave off on the play I posted about.The trail comes in with a clear and confident wave off and just allows herself to be talked into a count it call.Here's a clip of video with her wave off-http://www.ocvarsity.com/video/?videoId=1481976578001&play=now
This is why this situation upsets me....
Old Fri Mar 02, 2012, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

What would C and lead have seen to be 110% sure it was good? Very poor officiating and at the highest level. Looks like three U2's on game
Old Fri Mar 02, 2012, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Lead appears to be sure it was good as she charges out after shot. C seems to want no part of anything in discussion. I'm sure lead is R on the game. What a shame.

Edit: Oops, white eventually won, there is a God!

Last edited by fullor30; Fri Mar 02, 2012 at 11:03am.
Old Fri Mar 02, 2012, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLydic View Post
Not even close and if The Rookie is correct in the other thread, why in the hell is the lead adding anything to this conversation, unless of course the trail needed help.

2 unrelated questions, if you don't mind.

Isn't there sufficient contact (observe better in the first video) on the 3-point shooter to have a foul?
5 minute OT?
No
Old Fri Mar 02, 2012, 11:11am
Livin' The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
This mostly speaks about my area, but I was a little taken aback with the post-game interview of a high school kid from the losing side. No TV station in this neck of the woods would touch that. Newspapers? Sure. TV? Nope.
Are you talking about the girls game in the initial video, before my thread got taken over? With the girl crying and blaming herself?
Old Fri Mar 02, 2012, 11:22am
Do not give a damn!!

OP Comment: I think the first play was not a travel as players were going after the ball. If anything she did not have control of the ball.

The last play was a travel. The first hop step was OK, but then she hopped again and that was a travel.

CIF Last Second shot: Surprised this was missed. This is why we need a last second shot on all TV games at that level. Too much at stake IMO. The lead should not be giving information on this play in my opinion.

Peace