The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 11, 2012, 09:19pm
Administrator

Just Another Day At The Office!

As late as this past Thursday morning, MTD, Jr., and I were supposed to be off today (Junior was supposed to be work and I was supposed to help my beautiful and wonderful better half paint the bedroom).

Mid-morning Thursday, our assigner for the Toledo Parks & Rec. program called me (he knew Mark was supposed to work on Saturday) and asked if I could work three games on Saturday starting at 11:45am. I told him that I didn't know if I could because I was supposed to spend a wonderful day with my beautiful wife painting the bedroom, . I said yes in a New York heartbeat.

Thursday afternoon, Mark finds out that he doesn't have to work Saturday. We were officiating together Friday night and I told him that if I couldn't answer the call on Saturday morning he could have my TP&R games. No such luck because Friday morning one of our esteemed members of this Forum, Daryl H. "The Preacher" Long, called me and wanted to know if Mark or I could take his place (he had a bad head cold) for a Special Olympics regular season tripleheader in Henry Co. (about 43 mi from our home) on Saturday starting at 10am. I told him that I couldn't but Junior would take his place; I knew he wouldn't mind taking this kind of assignment because Daryl and I have been officiating S.O. for over 20 years and got Mark started in it as soon as he started officiating.

My Saturday consisted of two girls' 12U games followed by a boys' 10U game. The final score of the first game was 33-0; the final score of the second game was 46-0; and in the boys' game, the winning team ran off the final 42 points of the game to win 50-2. I couldn't believe I had two shutouts and one 2-pointer in three games.

Mark had it even better. Henry Co.'s opponent was from Columbus (about a 2-1/2 hour drive from Henry Co.) and its opponent didn't show up until 11:10am; meaning Mark's TH which was supposed to start at 10am didn't start until 11:30am.

Just another day at the office.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sat Feb 11, 2012, 11:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
As late as this past Thursday morning, MTD, Jr., and I were supposed to be off today (Junior was supposed to be work and I was supposed to help my beautiful and wonderful better half paint the bedroom).

Mid-morning Thursday, our assigner for the Toledo Parks & Rec. program called me (he knew Mark was supposed to work on Saturday) and asked if I could work three games on Saturday starting at 11:45am. I told him that I didn't know if I could because I was supposed to spend a wonderful day with my beautiful wife painting the bedroom, . I said yes in a New York heartbeat.

Thursday afternoon, Mark finds out that he doesn't have to work Saturday. We were officiating together Friday night and I told him that if I couldn't answer the call on Saturday morning he could have my TP&R games. No such luck because Friday morning one of our esteemed members of this Forum, Daryl H. "The Preacher" Long, called me and wanted to know if Mark or I could take his place (he had a bad head cold) for a Special Olympics regular season tripleheader in Henry Co. (about 43 mi from our home) on Saturday starting at 10am. I told him that I couldn't but Junior would take his place; I knew he wouldn't mind taking this kind of assignment because Daryl and I have been officiating S.O. for over 20 years and got Mark started in it as soon as he started officiating.

My Saturday consisted of two girls' 12U games followed by a boys' 10U game. The final score of the first game was 33-0; the final score of the second game was 46-0; and in the boys' game, the winning team ran off the final 42 points of the game to win 50-2. I couldn't believe I had two shutouts and one 2-pointer in three games.

Mark had it even better. Henry Co.'s opponent was from Columbus (about a 2-1/2 hour drive from Henry Co.) and its opponent didn't show up until 11:10am; meaning Mark's TH which was supposed to start at 10am didn't start until 11:30am.

Just another day at the office.

MTD, Sr.
So when are you going to paint that room?
Old Sun Feb 12, 2012, 12:15am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 View Post
So when are you going to paint that room?
She had it done by the time I got home. LOL

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Sun Feb 12, 2012 at 02:26am. Reason: Corrected spelling.
Old Sun Feb 12, 2012, 12:45am
Official Forum Member

Did anything else come down when you got home?
Old Sun Feb 12, 2012, 02:28am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingref View Post
Did anything else come down when you got home?
I corrected the spelling. LOL

MTD, Sr.

P.S. I made $55 in cash for the three games. It was dinner out and a movie night at our home.
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sun Feb 12, 2012, 07:08am
Esteemed Forum Member

Plug ...

Quote:
A Special Olympics regular season tripleheader in Henry Co. on Saturday starting at 10am. I told him that I couldn't but Junior would take his place; I knew he wouldn't mind taking this kind of assignment because Daryl and I have been officiating S.O. for over 20 years and got Mark started in it as soon as he started officiating.
I volunteered for a Special Olympics Unified Games tournament on March 16. As usual, I'm really looking forward to these games. It's a midafternoon tournament and it's the only time that I leave work early to officiate. I've been "working" them, pro bono publico, for several years.

If any Forum members ever have a chance to work these games, I highly recommend it.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 12, 2012 at 07:11am.
Old Sun Feb 12, 2012, 07:10am
Esteemed Forum Member

Paint Fumes Act Like Rohypnol ...

Quote:
It was dinner out and a movie night at our home.
Did the paint fumes cloud her reasoning ability and lead to some pre-Valentine's Day romance?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Feb 12, 2012, 08:34am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Thumbs up Good plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudwhistle2 View Post
so when are you going to paint that room? :d
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark t. Denucci, sr. View Post
she had it done by the time i got home. Lol

mtd, sr.
winner all around!
Old Sun Feb 12, 2012, 11:20am
Official Forum Member

I thought that maybe she painted the room with alternating vertical black and white stripes
Old Mon Feb 13, 2012, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

I did 5 Special Olympics assessment round games Saturday afternoon this past weekend. I'll volunteer again in March for the next round. If you've never done a SO tournament you're missing out on an incredible experience.