The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 28, 2003, 05:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Welcome back to the land of the living. What are your summer plans? How was your school year? When are you going to be working in the NBA, so we can see you on TV? Come on Mark, tell all!!
Old Wed May 28, 2003, 06:44pm
Official Forum Member

Wow. Never thought I'd get my own, personal, topic. (Well, at least not until I was taking as many meds as Padgett!) Of course, when the other discussion on the board is fencing, I guess anything is possible . . .

School is done (finally). For those of you who keep up with my away messages, I passed organic chemistry (still trying to figure out to whom I should write the check . . .)

For the summer, I'll be working at the Naval Research Labs in D.C. Hopefully, I'll be going to the J.B. Caldwell camp down in Daytona with a group from my school's intramural league - if anyone else will be there, let me know!

NBA - I doubt I'll ever get there, and I'm not so sure I want to. I may, however, give the Mystics a call to see if they need someone for clock/shot clock/book for WNBA games. If so, I'll let you all know.

Okay - enough about me. I'm officially turning this into a "What are you doing this summer" topic. Basketball-related events are encouraged, but feel free to share anything.
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 12:44am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Okay - enough about me. I'm officially turning this into a "What are you doing this summer" topic. Basketball-related events are encouraged, but feel free to share anything.
Okay, and since I started the thread, I'll go second.

I'm attending three camps, running a camp, assigning a league and working about three or four others. Won't be attending any WNBA games this year .

I'm sending a cargo container full of a car and bunch of computer parts to Kenya.

I'm running a peacemaking children's program.

I'm attending a family reunion over 4th of July.

We will have two Japanese girls visiting for three weeks.

I'm spending two weeks with my granddaughter, and a few hours with my daughter.

I'm sending my wheelchair-bound sister to "camp" -- a real camp at the beach where they have a bonfire, and volleyball and everything. Simply unbelievable!

And in my spare time, I'm hoping to spend a few hours cataloging my hymnbook collection (over 450!), and I might begin writing my long-awaited book on race relations.

...and I'll be doing it all backwards, and in high heels (except the basketball...)

[Edited by rainmaker on May 29th, 2003 at 02:48 AM]
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 11:17am
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

I'm attending three camps, running a camp, assigning a league and working about three or four others. Won't be attending any WNBA games this year .

I'm sending a cargo container full of a car and bunch of computer parts to Kenya.

I'm sending my wheelchair-bound sister to "camp" -- a real camp at the beach where they have a bonfire, and volleyball and everything. Simply unbelievable!

And in my spare time, I'm hoping to spend a few hours cataloging my hymnbook collection (over 450!), and I might begin writing my long-awaited book on race relations.

...and I'll be doing it all backwards, and in high heels (except the basketball...)

Wow! All I'm doing is washing my socks. But I am doing it in high heels. Maybe I'll try doing it backwards, too.
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Wow. Never thought I'd get my own, personal, topic. (Well, at least not until I was taking as many meds as Padgett!) Of course, when the other discussion on the board is fencing, I guess anything is possible . . .

School is done (finally). For those of you who keep up with my away messages, I passed organic chemistry (still trying to figure out to whom I should write the check . . .)

For the summer, I'll be working at the Naval Research Labs in D.C. Hopefully, I'll be going to the J.B. Caldwell camp down in Daytona with a group from my school's intramural league - if anyone else will be there, let me know!

NBA - I doubt I'll ever get there, and I'm not so sure I want to. I may, however, give the Mystics a call to see if they need someone for clock/shot clock/book for WNBA games. If so, I'll let you all know.

I'll be trying to get my grandmother off crack.
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 11:33am
In Memoriam

I'm gonna spend all summer running errands for Dan's 82 year old grandmother. Backwards and in high heels.
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Quote:

Saint Juulie fer sure!!!
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 01:22pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
I'm gonna spend all summer running errands for Dan's 82 year old grandmother. Backwards and in high heels.
Don't forget her beef, jerky...or is it Don't forget, her beef, jer,ky...
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

In this day and age I hope you have check with Customs/Dept. of Homeland Security on shipping computer parts out of the country.
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 01:53pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Quote:
There was a skit on the old Electric Company show that emphasized the importance of punctuation. A kid was before a judge, charged with illegal fishing. The arresting officer had the sign in court that said:

"Private Property
No Fishing Allowed"

The kid said the sign said:

"Private Property? No! Fishing Allowed."
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

I'll be at JB

Dexter, I'll be at the JB Caldwell camp. I'm going the first half (Sun - Wed).

Larks - VIT
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Quote:
There was a skit on the old Electric Company show that emphasized the importance of punctuation. A kid was before a judge, charged with illegal fishing. The arresting officer had the sign in court that said:

"Private Property
No Fishing Allowed"

The kid said the sign said:

"Private Property? No! Fishing Allowed."
A loooong time ago I had this dialogue with a friend at work:

"Hey, hand me a screw driver"
"Philips?"
"No, flat head."
"Who you calling flat head?"

I've been waiting all these years to work this into a conversation.
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 03:30pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

"Philips?"
"No, flat head."

This isn't exactly the same, but it almost fits. When my son was 5, we took him to a restaurant for his birthday. I ordered him a grilled cheese sandwich. He started crying. When I asked him what was the matter, he said "I wanted a boy cheese sandwich."
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

"Philips?"
"No, flat head."

This isn't exactly the same, but it almost fits. When my son was 5, we took him to a restaurant for his birthday. I ordered him a grilled cheese sandwich. He started crying. When I asked him what was the matter, he said "I wanted a boy cheese sandwich."
Cute!

When my older one was about 3 or 4 or so we went down to a local playground that has a nice pond. Of course, it also has lots of geese. So we're driving home, the kids are asleep in the back of the car, my wife & I are gossiping. I happened to say something like "your sister has sh1t for brains". Later we got to talking about the pond, we were surprised that there were so many geese there and what a shame they made such a mess of the whole area. Suddenly we hear from the back seat (yeah, you guessed it):
"Those geese have sh1t for brains!"

For those of you that have been around a while, that's the one who threw out my box of stuff 3 or so years ago. But he's getting his, they gassed him today.
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 07:21pm
Official Forum Member

I'm planning on attending the JB Caldwell camp this summer also. Not sure which week yet.