The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 26, 2003, 01:11am
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

NF rules. After the opening tip, A1 gets the ball back in the post. B1 fouls airborne shooter A1. While A1 is in the air, A2 fouls B2. Before the ball enters the hoop, B3 goaltends the shot, and then comes down and fouls A3. At the same time, A4 punches B4. Both coaches come off the bench onto the floor. As the officials sort things out, the scorer tells them A5, who was on the floor, is not in the book. Not only that, the teams were going the wrong way. Furthermore, B5, who was on the floor, is not on the team, but is their mascot and is wearing an illegal numbered mascot costume.

Finally, the officials realize they are in the wrong dimension.

How would you call this?

BTW - Juulie, I have the tape.
Old Mon May 26, 2003, 07:36am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett

Yer speeding. 55 is too fast for you, Mark.
Old Mon May 26, 2003, 08:10am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
NF rules. After the opening tip, A1 gets the ball back in the post. B1 fouls airborne shooter A1. While A1 is in the air, A2 fouls B2. Before the ball enters the hoop, B3 goaltends the shot, and then comes down and fouls A3. At the same time, A4 punches B4. Both coaches come off the bench onto the floor. As the officials sort things out, the scorer tells them A5, who was on the floor, is not in the book. Not only that, the teams were going the wrong way. Furthermore, B5, who was on the floor, is not on the team, but is their mascot and is wearing an illegal numbered mascot costume.

How would you call this?

Depends.

If this is the last of your 4 game tourney set you declare the game over, get your money & go home. You might be asking "Who wins?". If you are then you need remedial training and you must stay to work the next 3. In any event the answer is: "who cares?".

If not the last game then you have someone get the league director and let him sort it out. By the time they find him & he figures out just what each coach is trying to tell him it will be time for the next game. Refer back to the first part of this answer to determine the contest winner.
Old Mon May 26, 2003, 08:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ref5678
ok im just gonna try this for fun im still relitively new in basketball so dont rip me two hard. call in parentheses

B1 fouls airborne shooter A1 (Personal foul caalled against B1)

(goaltending on B3 count the basket one shot for A1)

(Flangrant techinacal charged to A4 for punching he is ejected)

Direct techinical foul to both coaches for coming onto the floor without being beckoned)

As the officials sort things out, the scorer tells them A5, who was on the floor, is not in the book. (indirect tech to coach A and change the book)

B5, who was on the floor, is not on the team, but is their mascot and is wearing an illegal numbered mascot costume.

(Direct techinical foul to the coach of B for use of an ineligible subsitute at this point thats 2 directs on coach B so hes gone, and the mascot is ejected)

Not only that, the teams were going the wrong way. (simple send bot teams going the right way)

**Now you can say youve seen it all**
Old Mon May 26, 2003, 01:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
I'm surprised you haven't gotten an answer yet, this one shouldn't be that difficult to anyone who's been on the board for a while. Or for DeNucci, I can't believe he hasn't chimed in yet.

But since I'm the first, I get the trophy right? So here goes --

This is just yer basic False Triple Intentional Personal Foul with a Double Back Flagrant Technical, and a Single Toe Loop in the backcourt. A gets four shots, B gets three, both head coaches are ejected, A4 is DQ, the scorekeeper is replaced, the mascot is tied up in the corner, and B finishes the game with four players,...

Mark, please get back on your meds before we have our games together on Friday. Thank you.
Old Mon May 26, 2003, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

And Juulie sorted all that out, while working backwards in high heels and not breaking a sweat.
Old Mon May 26, 2003, 04:12pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

Mark, please get back on your meds before we have our games together on Friday. Thank you.
Even without my meds, I know our games are on Thursday. Maybe you'd like to borrow some of mine?

BTW - you forgot the icing call on the cheerleaders.
Old Tue May 27, 2003, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

Even without my meds, I know our games are on Thursday.
I know, it's this darn Memorial Day holiday that keeps throwing off my sense of time.

Quote:
BTW - you forgot the icing call on the cheerleaders.
Doggone it, it's always the simple things that throw me off!
Old Tue May 27, 2003, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

How would you call this?

Did you mean "who would you call?" If so, I'd call Rod Serling.
Old Tue May 27, 2003, 02:50pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust

Did you mean "who would you call?" If so, I'd call Rod Serling.
That would be a local call, since he lives in my head.
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 09:43am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Easy.
10 second back court violation before all of this happened.
T's on both coaches for coming on the floor.
T's on both coaches for using illegal players.
B4 is ejected for fighting, and so is A4, 'cause you know he started it.
6 shots for each team.

Alternate dimension version:
Ref (paraphrasing Bob Knight): "Okay, guys. That was a stupid way to start a basketball game. Would you like to start over?"

Adam