EVERYBODY else?

Lonesome Dove
Old Mon Jan 30, 2012, 05:04am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
That's funny.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
You mean keyboarding skills. Give me an old fashioned, manual, typewriter, the kind that Miss Dench, my ninth grade typing teacher, taught us on, and I'll show you whose skills have eroded.
My typing teacher's name was Miss Wantz. As in, "I wantz to learn to type!" A looker as I recall.
Old Mon Jan 30, 2012, 07:25am
Esteemed Forum Member

All The Guys Loved Typing Class ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
My typing teacher's name was Miss Wantz. As in, "I wantz to learn to type!" A looker as I recall.
To this day people question me about why I pound with such force on my keyboard at work. Back in the day, it was the only way to get those gigantic manual Royal typewriters to work properly.

Miss Dench had us typing to music, vinyl records on a turntable, to maintain proper timing, and rhythm.

She was also a looker. Must be a prerequisite to become a typing teacher.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jan 30, 2012 at 08:00am.
Old Mon Jan 30, 2012, 10:40am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
EVERYBODY else?
If I get the video, I'll show it at our association banquet this spring. I'm the President, so I get to set some of the agenda.
Old Mon Jan 30, 2012, 10:43am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Sansabelts for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen View Post
+1
+2

I think Between The Lines is having a sale right now.... might check them out.

Typically, I get my slacks from Purchase Officials in the summer when they have their sale.
Old Mon Jan 30, 2012, 12:16pm
Livin' The Dream

Bought a pair of Gerry Davis pants....with the adjustable waistband...allows for +- inch either way. Allows for my growth, depending how much I ate or drank over the weekend! They also have the rubber inside the waistband to keep your shirt tucked in. Rest of the crew loves them as well.
Old Mon Jan 30, 2012, 01:53pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:

She was also a looker. Must be a prerequisite to become a typing teacher.
Not everywhere. My typing teacher was about 70 years old, and I doubt she was much of a looker 40 years earlier. Typing II was my last final exam in high school. My hands were shaking in anticipation. I made a mistake typing my name on the cover sheet. I hit the typewriter with my fist, even though the typewriter was not at fault.

Lonesome Dove
Old Mon Jan 30, 2012, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Not Honigs!

I just bought 4 pair of slacks from Honigs. Had not bought any from them for a while. After having tried slacks from almost every vendor out there, Honigs was by far my favorite. However, they recently changed manufacturers and their current product does not hold a candle to their previous product. The current product is thin and has no "body" whatsoever. I sent them back and went with Sansabelt. Be prepared to be disappointed if you buy from Honigs...
Old Mon Feb 20, 2012, 06:57pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Haggar From Penny's ...

Just purchased a pair of Haggar Men's Pants, Flat Front Cool 18 No-Iron. $35.00 at Penny's. Love 'em. Of course, here in my little corner of Connecticut, belted pants are neither discouraged, nor encouraged.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Mon Feb 20, 2012, 07:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1ns View Post
Bought a pair of Gerry Davis pants....with the adjustable waistband...allows for +- inch either way. Allows for my growth, depending how much I ate or drank over the weekend! They also have the rubber inside the waistband to keep your shirt tucked in. Rest of the crew loves them as well.
I recently obtained a pair of these GD pants as well. I really like them...except for the time, while we were observing warmups for a big rivalry game played in the local arena, where the slide adjustment clip came apart and my pants almost fell to the ground. I was able to catch it before anyone else noticed (I think). I told my partners that I just suffered a wardrobe malfunction and would be right back.

Luckily I usually carry two or three of everything. I ran to the officials locker room and quickly changed pants. Back in time for the coaches meeting.
Old Mon Feb 20, 2012, 08:25pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_ref View Post
I recently obtained a pair of these GD pants as well. I really like them...except for the time, while we were observing warmups for a big rivalry game played in the local arena, where the slide adjustment clip came apart and my pants almost fell to the ground. I was able to catch it before anyone else noticed (I think). I told my partners that I just suffered a wardrobe malfunction and would be right back.

Luckily I usually carry two or three of everything. I ran to the officials locker room and quickly changed pants. Back in time for the coaches meeting.
And being the sharp guy that you are, you snapped up all of the game discs and cell phones just in case. Or was that YOU on youtube?
Old Mon Feb 20, 2012, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Just purchased a pair of Haggar Men's Pants, Flat Front Cool 18 No-Iron. $35.00 at Penny's. Love 'em. Of course, here in my little corner of Connecticut, belted pants are neither discouraged, nor encouraged.
They are good, I have a pair I removed the belt loop.
Old Tue Feb 21, 2012, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Hohn Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Hohn
Honigs are sharp looking with the little "H" on the seat, and fit well. I wear nothing but their pants and shirts..
Old Tue Feb 21, 2012, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

I've googled the various pants mentioned here. Of course every site is looking to sell their product, and it's hard to get an idea of how they are different from other pants.

Is there a certain pant that most officials wear? Are certain pants better for different body types? Is this one of those "up to you" kind of things?
Old Tue Feb 21, 2012, 11:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
And being the sharp guy that you are, you snapped up all of the game discs and cell phones just in case. Or was that YOU on youtube?

Not sure, I haven't come out of hiding since that holiday tournament!!!