The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 14, 2012, 03:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Kingsman1288
Only 1 for me so far this season. Administrative T for adding a player to the book after the game had started. I only remember it becuase the offending team was from Australia and had a 7'2" center. Kid was only 16 too
Old Sat Jan 14, 2012, 06:13am
Get away from me, Steve.

I had an admin T too for changing a number in the scorebook. Forgot about that one.
Old Sat Jan 14, 2012, 11:27am
Keeper of the HAMMER

4 for me. One Double for squaring off after a held ball (MS girls), one for reaching across and hitting the ball in the thrower's hand (6th grade YMCA), and last night's admin T for having the wrong number in the book (JV Boys).
Old Sat Jan 14, 2012, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

You Had to Jinx Me

First T last night. HC for ABS.
2 things:
1 - how about letting me call the travels.
2 - don't question my ethics.

Game got better after the T. Or at least quieter.
Old Sat Jan 14, 2012, 12:42pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Rulz Are Rulz ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
1 for "running under the basket to take the court"
Wow. You guys are tough. We've been advised, at least locally, to warn, and to report it to our assignment commissioner who is our liaison with the state interscholastic sports governing body.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Jan 14, 2012, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Had an entertaining set of technicals the other night in a BV game. Player yells the fword after being called for a foul. T, then after ref heads to table, same player turns to fans who are saying something to him and flips them off. Tweet, second T, he's gone and in Alaska the state rule is they have a one game suspension, so he can't play in the next game. Turns out the player is the JV coaches son. That coach was a minor pain in the arse in the previous game. Wonder why the son would act like that?
Old Sat Jan 14, 2012, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 View Post
... Turns out the player is the JV coaches son. That coach was a minor pain in the arse in the previous game. Wonder why the son would act like that?
Sounds like the apple didn't fall far from the tree....
Old Sat Jan 14, 2012, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

California plays by that rule too Loudwhistle2!
Old Sat Jan 14, 2012, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

6 Technical fouls this season in 20 or so games.

1 player T for taunting
2 HC T (different games/teams) for going above and beyond the call of coaching. Verbally and visually disagreeing with a call after being told what the ruling was and that was all I had to say on the play. Both coaches decided to try to continue the "discussion" by coming onto the court and yelling at us about the plays.
1 Team T for changing the book. Team had two of the same number and dumb-dumb (read: me) didn't catch it when checking the books pre-game. Table caught it when one of the # received a foul and then realized it. T for changing the other players number to what he had on.
2 Team T for 2 DOG warnings.

Last edited by McMac; Sat Jan 14, 2012 at 09:48pm. Reason: Forgot a couple.
Old Sun Jan 15, 2012, 03:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 View Post
Had an entertaining set of technicals the other night in a BV game. Player yells the fword after being called for a foul. T, then after ref heads to table, same player turns to fans who are saying something to him and flips them off. Tweet, second T, he's gone and in Alaska the state rule is they have a one game suspension, so he can't play in the next game. Turns out the player is the JV coaches son. That coach was a minor pain in the arse in the previous game. Wonder why the son would act like that?
UPDATE: Same kid last night received two technicals again in a varsity game in his home town!! Wonder how long he'll be on the team!
Old Sun Jan 15, 2012, 10:04pm
Official Forum Member

Went from 3 to 6 in just one game.

MS boys tournament - 7th grade boys. 1st game each team had at least 3 adults on the bench Coaches were told in pregame meeting only the head coaches can stand - others have to stay seated. By end of 1st quarter both benches had been warned again that assistants couldn't stand.

T#1 - Middle of Q2, as we're coming down the court home AC stands up right in front of me and screams about PC foul on the other end. Whack!
T#2 - HC questions the T call an AC and I tell him both teams had already been warned repeatedly. I told him it was also an indirect on him and that he no longer could use the coaching box and had to sit as well. HC looks straight at me and says "That's f***ing ridiculous." - Whack!

Now we're in a situation where if HC offends again he's gone and if AC offends again they're both gone. Fortunately they behaved the rest of the game.

T#3 - Late in Q3 my partner calls a PC foul on H31. H10 has the ball and when I ask him for it he glares at me and throws it about half way to the ceiling in the other direction - Whack!

Early in the 4th my partner rung up the visiting AC when he decided to stand up and get vocal.

Four T's in one game - fortunately the 2nd game was much better and we had no problems at all.
Old Sun Jan 15, 2012, 10:07pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

I had two Gold Crown (sort of like AAU) games today, and figured I might add to my total.

Nothing. Had a DOG warning (scoring team player grabs ball and sets it down in the middle of the lane so that it doesn't bounce or roll.)
Old Mon Jan 16, 2012, 12:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toren View Post
I haven't had a single technical yet.

My trigger is getting itchy. or something like that
Yeah I knew this was a jinx for sure.

Had my first technical on Friday, for 6 players on the floor...girls varsity game.

Saturday, gave a player his 2nd technical, partner gave him the first...boys varsity.

Sunday, gave a coach a technical for arguing an OOB call. He screamed with hands raised, because the other team got the ball...you guessed it 7th grade boys

Now I know why they don't talk about the no hitter during the no hitter.
Old Mon Jan 16, 2012, 08:14am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toren View Post

Now I know why they don't talk about the no hitter during the no hitter.
Hey at least you took care of business instead of ignoring unsporting behavior because you wanted to preserve some sort of streak.
Old Tue Jan 17, 2012, 09:52pm
Official Forum Member

6 + 2 = 8

My count goes to 8 tonight with two separate T's on a Head Coach tonight and making my first ejection of the 2011-2012 season. Why is it that coaches believe that they have a right to berate and belittle officials after being told what the call is? They still think they have to get to have a say in about the call.

Last edited by McMac; Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 09:53pm. Reason: Poor grammar