The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 01:11am
Official Forum Member

Bet this didn't happen in your game

This isn't directly officiating-related, but it is hilarious. My wife is a cheerleading coach/teacher in the school district where we live and where I went to high school. Since I referee, I can't make it to many of their games, so she keeps me filled in. I had a game tonight in one town, and they traveled for a conference game about 30 minutes away in another town.

On the way back from my game with my partner, I get a text from her. Seeing that the subject matter of this text was interesting to say the least, I call her. She informs me that during the varsity game tonight there was a streaker that ran all the way across the gym.

I guess it was a high school kid from the host school. He ran either out of the student section or came in the door next to it, ran across the floor in front of the visitor's bench, and out the exit in that corner to a waiting car that sped off. (They found that part out later I guess) To top it all off, the kid was wearing only some sort of mask and boots, and according to someone on Facebook, he did a high step of sorts on the way out of the gym.

I can honestly say I don't know what I would do if I was working a game and this happened. She said everyone was laughing and couldn't believe it was happening, including a cop working security. I know the guys that were working the game, so it will be interesting to get their story about it.
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 01:19am
Back from the DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Bet this didn't happen in your game.
Damn right. I live in Maine. No-one gets naked here in January.
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 02:33am
Get away from me, Steve.

It happened to me either last season or the season before. Home team student (male), completely naked.

The best line I heard was from the teacher who said, "It's always a boy. Girls have too much sense to do that."
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 05:18am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Where was Padgett?
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 12:25pm
Administrator

Was he the shortest man on the Home Team?

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I can honestly say I don't know what I would do if I was working a game and this happened.
Blow the play dead and call a travelling violation. He moved his pivot cheek.
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

I had a streaker on the field at a college softball game a few years ago. There was a 4' fence in the outfield. He come flying from behind the bleachers, ran into the outfield and jumped over the fence and across the railroad tracks. He was arrested a short time later by campus police.

The funniest part was when the centerfielder, who he ran by, pointed at his midsection and laughed.
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 12:53pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Minnestoa Re View Post
I had a streaker on the field at a college softball game a few years ago. There was a 4' fence in the outfield. He come flying from behind the bleachers, ran into the outfield and jumped over the fence and across the railroad tracks. He was arrested a short time later by campus police.

The funniest part was when the centerfielder, who he ran by, pointed at his midsection and laughed.
That was hurtful. MN can get some cold spring weather.
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 12:54pm
Official Forum Member

You're sure he wasn't part of an Allstate commercial?
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
It happened to me either last season or the season before. Home team student (male), completely naked.

The best line I heard was from the teacher who said, "It's always a boy. Girls have too much sense to do that."
Or too much going on.

I do girl's Lacrosse and host school plays on front of school. Biggest game of year, big crowd. Just before a draw, suddenly there is a stampede of 7-8 nakkid guys coming from side of school across field to a waiting van, It took all of 5 seconds. No one said a thing or reacted, and play went on. probably since it was 3-4 year in a row. Strange.
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 01:30pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Minnestoa Re View Post

Good thing he didn't get anything caught up on the fence.
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Damn right. I live in Maine. No-one gets naked here in January.
At least no one that hasn't been hitting the Allen's or the Moxie or if you're from Bangor, bath salts.
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 02:28pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosie74 View Post
At least no one that hasn't been hitting the Allen's or the Moxie or if you're from Bangor, bath salts.
What language is this written in?
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post

Working in law enforcement for a university, I have to disagree. Most of incident exposure calls are females. Or at least that's what their operator's license classifies them as.
Old Wed Jan 11, 2012, 02:54pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
What language is this written in?
Canadian