The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 16, 2011, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
And they have 11's and I'm a 10.5.

Ahh, I just remembered, I read somewhere they run a little small, so I bought a 1/2 size up and was perfect. I recommend hitting a finish line and try on comparable style which I did.
Old Fri Dec 16, 2011, 03:12pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Ahh, I just remembered, I read somewhere they run a little small, so I bought a 1/2 size up and was perfect. I recommend hitting a finish line and try on comparable style which I did.
Except I already have a pair and they fit perfectly. A 10.5. My other shoes (running and other) range from 9.5 to 11. All depends on the shoe.
Old Fri Dec 16, 2011, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

I had to get mine a full size larger.

Agree they are great! Now if they just hold up like my old Converse. Durablity seems to be all that is left to prove. I hope we are still bragging on them in their second season, third season or even longer.
Old Fri Dec 16, 2011, 03:31pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch85 View Post
I had to get mine a full size larger.

Agree they are great! Now if they just hold up like my old Converse. Durablity seems to be all that is left to prove. I hope we are still bragging on them in their second season, third season or even longer.
I'm happy if they last a year. Anything more would be icing on the cake.
Old Fri Dec 16, 2011, 03:48pm
Official Forum Member

I have had mine now for 2 weeks and they are very comfortable and my knee's have yet to hurt while wearing them. I did have to go up a 1/2 size just to get a little wider shoe and glad I did. My 2 partners and several other in our association has them also.
Old Fri Dec 16, 2011, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Except I already have a pair and they fit perfectly. A 10.5. My other shoes (running and other) range from 9.5 to 11. All depends on the shoe.
Sorry, you did mention you love them..........
Old Thu Dec 22, 2011, 10:08pm
This IS My Social Life

You Sold Me

Due to the numerous positive feedback comments on these Zigs, I ordered a pair from finishline.com. Didn't really need another pair of shoes, but they sounded almost too good to be true, so I gambled and splurged.
These are too good. It's true.
What a great shoe!
Thanx, guys.
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 01:53am
Get away from me, Steve.

I know. I gushed so much to my wife about how much I love them that she confessed that she's been trying to buy me a pair for Christmas. So popular that everyone shes checked with is out of my size (10.5).

I've had horrible pain the past few years on the backs of my heels (it's Achilles tendinitis - I've been to a doctor). This year (so far) I have no pain whatsoever.

I convinced my wife to buy me a gift certificate from Honig's instead of the shoes -- I'll get those myself later. I'm getting a plate coat for baseball season with the GC.
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 10:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I know. I gushed so much to my wife about how much I love them that she confessed that she's been trying to buy me a pair for Christmas. So popular that everyone shes checked with is out of my size (10.5).

I've had horrible pain the past few years on the backs of my heels (it's Achilles tendinitis - I've been to a doctor). This year (so far) I have no pain whatsoever.

I convinced my wife to buy me a gift certificate from Honig's instead of the shoes -- I'll get those myself later. I'm getting a plate coat for baseball season with the GC.
Rich,

I think this place still has them in stock

Reebok Zig Energy Referee Shoe, Sports Unlimited

In my best Ed Hochuli voice "After further review, the above company is sold out, by rule you can't buy any"

Anybody have another source? Anybody? Bueller?

Last edited by fullor30; Fri Dec 23, 2011 at 10:14am.
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

out of stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Rich,

I think this place still has them in stock

Reebok Zig Energy Referee Shoe, Sports Unlimited

In my best Ed Hochuli voice "After further review, the above company is sold out, by rule you can't buy any"

Anybody have another source? Anybody? Bueller?
I just went to that web site. ALL sizes are out of stock.
I am glad I bought mine the beginning of November. The shoe is soooooo comfortable.
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 03:11pm
Official Forum Member

Just got mine today!! I will let you know after Wednesday's game what I think. Had to get 1/2 size bigger.
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

I bought mine from ump-attire.com in November. On their site it says that the shoes won't be available until March 2012.
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 04:13pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Verdict is in........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
I just went to that web site. ALL sizes are out of stock.
Guess most people like em.........and they didn't make enough!
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 04:19pm
This IS My Social Life

Looking Goofy -- The Zigs, not Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Guess most people like em.........and they didn't make enough!
Glad I only have to wear them and don't have to look at them. The soles look dorky to me, like I should be doing some kind of MJ (the singer, not the player) moonwalk strut or something--like Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly as Clint Eastwood did in that old west bar scene in the third Back to the Future movie.
But they sure are comfy.
Old Mon Jan 30, 2012, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

I wasn't really looking for new shoes, but came across these at the local Reebok outlet tonight. Based on what I've read here, and the feedback from a couple of local guys that wear them, i decided to spend the $79 and give them a shot. Consistent with some of the other comments, I needed a half size larger than usual.

I will give them a try tomorrow night. I'm curious about other people's experience "breaking them in". I think I will also pack my current shoes so I can change at halftime if need be.