The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   BC at the end of the game. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/83530-bc-end-game.html)

JugglingReferee Thu Dec 01, 2011 06:11am

APG,

We all appreciate you posting the vids.

I'm curious about the lack of audio. Is there a way to have audio in your clips?

APG Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 800990)
APG,

We all appreciate you posting the vids.

I'm curious about the lack of audio. Is there a way to have audio in your clips?

I intentionally mute the audio...don't need to listen to the announcers.

letemplay Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:06pm

VT-Minn

I'm glad to see this post this morning. Watching game on tv last night, I thought the call was wrong, but figured it was an NCAA rule of team possession/control on a throw in. You guys are saying not so what's up? I had sound down on tv and didn't hear any discussion about it. Wonder if Bobby Knight had anything to say..I think he was doing game. Like someone else posted, the VT coach seemed to accept it without much argument, but it was a rather huge play, with VT setting up last shot down by one. Come out of TO and that's what happens? Ouch

Adam Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:19pm

Chances are the announcers will take what they saw last night and project it, assuming the call was correct. They're more likely to criticize future refs who don't make that call.

JRutledge Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 801050)
Chances are the announcers will take what they saw last night and project it, assuming the call was correct. They're more likely to criticize future refs who don't make that call.

I usually like to show their comments so I can in my class or in trainings show how stupid the comments are and why we should not listen to them. Often times the very same things we hear commentators say are the same thing coaches and players will say.

Peace

Adam Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 801052)
I usually like to show their comments so I can in my class or in trainings show how stupid the comments are and why we should not listen to them. Often times the very same things we hear commentators say are the same thing coaches and players will say.

Peace

Cause nine times out of ten, they're former high level players and coaches.

Johnny Ringo Thu Dec 01, 2011 03:43pm

The announcers may no mention of this being a wrong call.

The only thing Bob Knight said was he thought maybe a Minnesota defender got his hand in there and defelected it. But, then when the replay was shown it was clear there was no touch by defender.

Nobody said a word.

VT was behind one point with under 10 seconds to go and the ball was given back to UM when this was called a violation.

JRutledge Thu Dec 01, 2011 03:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo (Post 801097)
The announcers may no mention of this being a wrong call.

The only thing Bob Knight said was he thought maybe a Minnesota defender got his hand in there and defelected it. But, then when the replay was shown it was clear there was no touch by defender.

Nobody said a word.

VT was behind one point with under 10 seconds to go and the ball was given back to UM when this was called a violation.

I do remember that.

Peace

tjchamp Fri Dec 02, 2011 04:05pm

This just in

Official has been disciplined:

Big Ten admits officiating error near end of Gophers/Virginia Tech game | StarTribune.com

letemplay Fri Dec 02, 2011 04:17pm

Disciplined

How so?

JRutledge Fri Dec 02, 2011 04:17pm

And this was a very well known official this happened to. That is just too bad.

Peace

Johnny Ringo Sat Dec 03, 2011 02:32pm

What gets me the most is the VT staff said nothing!

Izzo certainly was knowing of the rule.

KCRC Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffler3492 (Post 800967)
Thought Ted Valentine standing in front of Izzo was comical.

Wow...Teddy. Really!!! I'm still laughing. The only thing that would have made that better if is Izzo would have flopped to the floor on Ted's "incidental contact" on the block out.

deecee Sun Dec 04, 2011 06:15am

Must be pretty embarrassing for the calling official when the call is corrected. How the @#$@#$ do you explain that screw up. "Uh coach I messed up. I don't know basic definitions".

Yup, not knowing rule 4 kinda is not a good thing. At least at that level.