The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 29, 2011, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I live in the area fullor30 lives in. I probably work for some of the same people or once worked for some of the same people, I certainly know all of them at the high school level. Not sure what leadership you are referring to? I am a President of an organization and I would not consider this to be a standard and we do not have the power to enforce such a standard. And I have never heard of a single assignor make a request that only the R could call a T in this situation. I would think the R would want to be involved considering they are the one that checked the book. I would likely call the R over to sort out the problem, but that is a common sense expectation, not a "leadership" issue. If anything the assignor might dictate that kind of rule, but I have never heard of one.

We do not work for an association like others on this discussion board. Our assignments come from individual conference assignors. Like they do in college a particular league wants something done by his/her staff, that supervisor (one person) controls that expectation, not any suspected leadership. I am also a state clinician (meaning I am a person that runs clinics and clarify questions of mechanics and state procedures) and I would not expect anyone to have the R do such a thing either. Actually I did not read this as the R was the person that had to give the T. But if that is what the person felt then consider the source just like any advice.

Peace
To tag onto Rut's comments

Pretty much says it all, noticed past threads, posts where associations and assigners dictate certain mechanics. Not the case here, I'm in three different associations, and all follow Fed/IHSA rules. We have some great clinics here and clinicians suggest certain ways to address situations that are outside the rule book, ie: common sense, and like any other clinic you can choose to incorporate these suggestions into your game or not.

I've read some pretty strange things here that assigners or associations require their officials to follow, or for that matter, a just plain wrong ruling on situations. IMHO, Illinois is very consistent across the board.