Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Aug 15, 2004, 02:51am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
I know there will be at least four people that will want to respond to this but...................

Camron posted on this thread because Camron wanted to. Does he need to get permission?
But of course! I rule around here, with an iron fist, and no one gets past me, absolutely no one. I'm surprised you hadn't figured that out yet...
Old Sun Aug 15, 2004, 05:36pm
Official Forum Member

I Love Australia

Thankfully, Australia is not as litigatious a nation as Australia, and our laws place more onus on the individual to be responsible for their well-being.

We (Australian referees) have been informed that we cannot make a player remove any jewlery that is not external or is not covered by clothing (ie tounge studs, nipple rings, belly-button rings and hmmm... more "personal" types of piercings.

Makes life easier for us Down Under......

Visit www.geocities.com/oz_referee
Old Sun Aug 15, 2004, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
I know there will be at least four people that will want to respond to this but...................

Camron posted on this thread because Camron wanted to. Does he need to get permission?
But of course! I rule around here, with an iron fist, and no one gets past me, absolutely no one. I'm surprised you hadn't figured that out yet...
...sounds like rainmaker is the Forum's Iron Maiden!
Richland, WA
Old Mon Aug 16, 2004, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
While it may not have happened in the past, I don't want to be the first one sued.

No one thought that McDonald's could be liable for kids getting fat, but an idiotic professor at my school is suing for just that. Even if McDonald's (or me, in the above case) wins, they have legal costs to pay, plus the hassle of dealing with a lawsuit.
I still think it's crazy that McDonalds lost the spilled coffee law suit. People that buy coffee know that it is hot and if you're careless enough to drop it on your lap you deserved to get burned.

The point is, people sue over anyting. And, as many people as there are that will sue of silly stuff, there are as many jurors that will sympathize with them.

Some people, rather than trying to earn their money honestly, look for any possible way to take it from someone else. Some just try to use the courts to do it...it may be legal but it doesn't make it right.
So it took you 18 months to check in on this thread, because..
I didn't notice the date. I just read whatever pops to the top of my screen. Was this there tread that someone linked to from a current tread? Maybe that's how I got there. I probably opened the link to see what they were referencing...went to a meeting...then returned to read whatever I left open without remembering how I got there.
Old Mon Aug 16, 2004, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
While it may not have happened in the past, I don't want to be the first one sued.

No one thought that McDonald's could be liable for kids getting fat, but an idiotic professor at my school is suing for just that. Even if McDonald's (or me, in the above case) wins, they have legal costs to pay, plus the hassle of dealing with a lawsuit.
I still think it's crazy that McDonalds lost the spilled coffee law suit. People that buy coffee know that it is hot and if you're careless enough to drop it on your lap you deserved to get burned.

The point is, people sue over anyting. And, as many people as there are that will sue of silly stuff, there are as many jurors that will sympathize with them.

Some people, rather than trying to earn their money honestly, look for any possible way to take it from someone else. Some just try to use the courts to do it...it may be legal but it doesn't make it right.
I didn't notice the date. I just read whatever pops to the top of my screen. Was this there tread that someone linked to from a current tread? Maybe that's how I got there. I probably opened the link to see what they were referencing...went to a meeting...then returned to read whatever I left open without remembering how I got there.
I git it. It just surprised me to see you so "behindhand." You're usually more johnny-on-the-spot.
Old Mon Aug 16, 2004, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
...sounds like rainmaker is the Forum's Iron Maiden!
King: Place them in the Iron Maiden!

Bill and Ted: Excellent!

King (menacingly): And kill them!

Bill and Ted: Bogus!

Ah, for the 80's. . .
Old Mon Aug 16, 2004, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ahhh...childhood memories...

Old Mon Aug 16, 2004, 07:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

Hmmm, what the heck kind of memories are you. . . .

You know what? On second thought, I don't think I really want to know!
Old Mon Aug 16, 2004, 07:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

Hmmm, what the heck kind of memories are you. . . .

You know what? On second thought, I don't think I really want to know!
Good morning class...

Good morning class...

SHAADDDUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP!