The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 12:33pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

Hmm. I am going to step into the fire on this one.

If you initiate a thread and the replies are calling you to task be man enough to take the heat. Your deletion also deleted my reply, a situation that I find high objectionable.

Boards like this are not to stroke your ego but are for us to learn from our mistakes and/or misconceptions.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by RecRef
Hmm. I am going to step into the fire on this one.

If you initiate a thread and the replies are calling you to task be man enough to take the heat. Your deletion also deleted my reply, a situation that I find high objectionable.

Boards like this are not to stroke your ego but are for us to learn from our mistakes and/or misconceptions.
I'm sooooo confused
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

RECREF
The only deleitions of other's posts that I have seen have been initiated by the board administrator when he feels that the posts have crossed a line. He will delete the entire thread if the thread goes astray from policy for posting on this board. Not sure what thread or what was said, but that may explain what happened to your post.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 02:00pm
Official Forum Member

I do not think you can delete out your post. I posted a response on a thread, my response was actually to another topic. (thought one thing posted another). I could not delete out my post!

AK ref SE
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 02:06pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
RECREF
The only deleitions of other's posts that I have seen have been initiated by the board administrator when he feels that the posts have crossed a line. He will delete the entire thread if the thread goes astray from policy for posting on this board.
They should have such a policy on the other board.

Lonesome Dove
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

You can delete any post that you make. (Of course, our wonderful Brad can delete anything that anyone writes :-D) If, however, your post is the first of a thread, then the entire thread will be deleted when you delete your post.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 02:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs up When Cows fly.

Quote:
Originally posted by just another ref

They should have such a policy on the other board.
That means you would have to stand by everything you say. That will never happen.

Peace
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

I think Brad does a great job letting us say what we feel we need to say. If he sees fit to delete a thread, I trust his judgement.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 05:42pm
Official Forum Member

I second that, Drake.

I have not seen Brad active, as a "poster" on the forum for quite some time.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 11:26pm
Official Forum Member

Brad posted earlier this week, on one of the BC threads I believe.

Last week, I asked Brad to take a look at the thread started by Love2Ref4Ever, that, after the second page, had absolutely nothing to do with to do with basketball. I also asked him to look at one started by Geoffrey along the same lines.

I believe he deleted both of them.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sat Dec 21, 2002, 12:30am
Official Forum Member

Hey thanks for the help, ton, what would we do without you.
Old Sat Dec 21, 2002, 01:09am
Whack! Get Out!!!

I deleted a couple of threads last week. I don't really have time to keep up with all the discussion on the message boards with everything going on at RightSports.

When people cross the line, normally someone (or several people) call it to my attention. If it's just one person and one or two posts, I'll delete the posts and let the person know.

If the thread is more "junk" than officiating-related discussion then it gets pulled. I don't have the time (nor desire) to go through 7-8 pages of posts to edit individual ones.

We are pretty easy going here at RightSports and Officiating.com. All you have to do is pretty much stay away from personal attacks, name calling, etc., and you won't have to worry about your post disappearing.

Yes, some of the good posts get pulled even though it is no fault of the poster, but someone else on the thread. The alternative of ongoing rants and non-officiating related discussions is much worse, in our opinion.

Also, sometimes if simply all has been said on a given topic and the thread is going in a bad direction, it is simply closed — preserving the content but disallowing any further posts to that thread. (Like I'm just about to do to this one )

- Brad
Closed Thread