Thread: Deleted Thread
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 21, 2002, 01:09am
Whack! Get Out!!!

I deleted a couple of threads last week. I don't really have time to keep up with all the discussion on the message boards with everything going on at RightSports.

When people cross the line, normally someone (or several people) call it to my attention. If it's just one person and one or two posts, I'll delete the posts and let the person know.

If the thread is more "junk" than officiating-related discussion then it gets pulled. I don't have the time (nor desire) to go through 7-8 pages of posts to edit individual ones.

We are pretty easy going here at RightSports and Officiating.com. All you have to do is pretty much stay away from personal attacks, name calling, etc., and you won't have to worry about your post disappearing.

Yes, some of the good posts get pulled even though it is no fault of the poster, but someone else on the thread. The alternative of ongoing rants and non-officiating related discussions is much worse, in our opinion.

Also, sometimes if simply all has been said on a given topic and the thread is going in a bad direction, it is simply closed — preserving the content but disallowing any further posts to that thread. (Like I'm just about to do to this one )

- Brad