The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 07:57am
Official Forum Member

NCAAM Final Game

I've just about finished my research to enter the bracket contest. When's the deadline?
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 08:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I've just about finished my research to enter the bracket contest. When's the deadline?
You've got plenty of time, don't worry.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 09:28am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Sometime next March.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 06:44pm
Official Forum Member

Chat Room - Join a Free Chat Room or Get Your Own Free Chat Room From ParaChat
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 09:07pm
Official Forum Member

Where is the chat room?
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 09:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftuck View Post
Where is the chat room?
Just around the corner
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 09:24pm
Administrator

Four corner offense.

As many of you know that I am adamantly opposed to two things in basketball: 1) the AP Arrow, and 2) the shot clock at any level of basketball (NFHS, NCAA Men's/Women's, FIBA, and NBA/WNBA).

BUT, after watching the first half of the game tonight, I truely believe that the NCAA Men's should adopt a shot clock for next year.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Mon Apr 04, 2011 at 09:25pm. Reason: Corrected spelling.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 09:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
As many of you know that I am adamantly opposed to two things in basketball: 1) the AP Arrow, and 2) the shot clock at any level of basketball (NFHS, NCAA Men's/Women's, FIBA, and NBA/WNBA).

BUT, after watching the first half of the game tonight, I truely believe that the NCAA Men's should adopt a shot clock for next year.

MTD, Sr.
Really...no shot clock at any of those level? I kind of get at the high school level, but you take it away at the college or pro level, then forget keeping any fans watching on TV.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 10:42pm
Official Forum Member

Wow...what a miserable game. Neither team should be awarded the trophy for that game. UConn was just less bad.

Did anyone see the blatant 2-hand shove foul with around 6 minutes remaining? Napier, IIRC, was going up for a loose ball (after Butler knocked away that ill-advised 35' bounce pass), Mack shoved Napier away from the ball and OOB on his back with 2-hands in his chest. You could then hear through the TV someone yelling WTF...pretty sure that would have been Napier. Shows was right there on the play and Cahill was the C-opposite. Surprising that neither got that. It was bad enough that I wouldn't have been surprised if an intentional foul had been called.

Aside from that, I thought they did a good job.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Mon Apr 04, 2011 at 10:56pm.
Old Mon Apr 04, 2011, 11:44pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Wow...what a miserable game. Neither team should be awarded the trophy for that game. UConn was just less bad.

Did anyone see the blatant 2-hand shove foul with around 6 minutes remaining? Napier, IIRC, was going up for a loose ball (after Butler knocked away that ill-advised 35' bounce pass), Mack shoved Napier away from the ball and OOB on his back with 2-hands in his chest. You could then hear through the TV someone yelling WTF...pretty sure that would have been Napier. Shows was right there on the play and Cahill was the C-opposite. Surprising that neither got that. It was bad enough that I wouldn't have been surprised if an intentional foul had been called.

I was watching at Applebee's with no audio and on my 2nd drink but I definitely saw it. Guess there was no advantage gained.
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 01:27am
Official Forum Member

Your choice of beverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I was watching at Applebee's with no audio and on my 2nd drink but I definitely saw it. Guess there was no advantage gained.
Coffee, Tea, or ???
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 02:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

We talked about that one in the chat room...I didn't note the time, but I'll try and get around to getting that play up.

Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 02:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I remember seeing it and hearing him yell "What the f*&#" as he went flying out of bounds.
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 03:55am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
A moment like no other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I remember seeing it and hearing him yell "What the f*&#" as he went flying out of bounds.
I remember hearing this clearly.....
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 08:14am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post

MTD, Sr.
Did you take a time warp back to the 50's or something?