The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 08:16pm
Official Forum Member

Watching a game this weekend where this happened. Team A is not out on the court when the halftime horn sounds. The possession arrow is Team A.

Should the ball have been put down and the throw-in count start for Team A? If so, then Team B gets the next throw-in? Then it's a technical foul on Team A for delay? Correct?

BTW, the official in this game waited for Team A to come onto the court. I believe he told Team B's coach that he waited because no one properly notified them at 3 minutes.

Thanks,
MJ
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 08:25pm
In Memoriam

You're correct on everything,MJ.That includes the referee not using the "resuming play" procedure because the timer never warned him more than 3 minutes before the half ended,like he was supposed to.
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 09:13pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Even if the team had been informed at the 3 minute mark, the resuming play procedure would not be used. It is a team technical to consume more than one minute due to not being ready to start either half. (10-1-5a)

Chuck
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 09:47pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Even if the team had been informed at the 3 minute mark, the resuming play procedure would not be used. It is a team technical to consume more than one minute due to not being ready to start either half. (10-1-5a)

Chuck
Correctamundo!You don't use the "resuming play" procedure if either team is not on the court.If they're both there,you do use it(R7-5-1).
What would you do in this sitch,Chuck,if the timer hadn't given you the 3-minute warning to pass along to A?
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
What would you do in this sitch,Chuck,if the timer hadn't given you the 3-minute warning to pass along to A?
Absolutely nothing. I would wait at the table with my partner(s) until A came out. Blame it on game management. But I'm not throwing T's around unless it's an OBVIOUS disregard for resuming the game.

Chuck
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 10:18pm
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias

Chuck
Correctamundo!You don't use the "resuming play" procedure if either team is not on the court.If they're both there,you do use it(R7-5-1).
JR,
If the team was not notified and they wanted some warm up time, I'd give it to them.
mick
Old Mon Nov 25, 2002, 10:18pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

Somehow I thought that both you guys would say that.

-corrected after I saw mick's post!
Old Sun Feb 28, 2010, 08:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj View Post
Watching a game this weekend where this happened. Team A is not out on the court when the halftime horn sounds. The possession arrow is Team A.

Should the ball have been put down and the throw-in count start for Team A? If so, then Team B gets the next throw-in? Then it's a technical foul on Team A for delay? Correct?

BTW, the official in this game waited for Team A to come onto the court. I believe he told Team B's coach that he waited because no one properly notified them at 3 minutes.

Thanks,
MJ
What if it was Team B ball?
Old Sun Feb 28, 2010, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
Seven years ago...had to do a double take seeing a chuck post haha
Old Sun Feb 28, 2010, 09:42pm
Esteemed Forum Member

It's Like His Spring Training ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias View Post
Absolutely nothing. I would wait at the table with my partner(s) until A came out. Blame it on game management. But I'm not throwing T's around unless it's an OBVIOUS disregard for resuming the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
Had to do a double take seeing a chuck post.
He's just warming up for his annual off topic baseball thread. Making sure he remembers how to use various tools on the Forum correctly.

Lets check out the image tool:

Yeah. It works fine.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Feb 28, 2010, 10:42pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
You could have started a new thread.

Doesn't matter, assuming the team was notified, and assuming they still don't get onto the court within a minute of the clock expiring, it's a T on that team. Shoot the shots, and the ball to the shooting team; the arrow will not switch regardless of who gets the throw in.