Old Thu Nov 07, 2002, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryS
Quote:
Originally posted by Z REF
Natchitoches...pronounced nack-i-toe-shush
Actually, that is almost how most of the locals pronounce the town in Texas (spelled the same way) nack-i-doe-shush. Most of the locals I have encountered in Louisiana pronounce it nack-i-tush. Both very nice little towns.

Traditionally, the one in LA has the better athletic teams but the one in TX has the better party college...or so I have been told.
Ok, from an East Texan. I have been to both SFA in (Nak-a-do-ches) Texas, and Northwestern in (Nak-a-tish) LA. I ran a better track meet in Texas and a better Cross-country meet in LA. Both have good football and basketball. SFA has been to the NCAA womans playoff. I don't know about the party life but I know excellent scholars at SFA. My sister-in-law is working on her masters there.
Old Thu Nov 07, 2002, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: That bad?

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
You just never know what hidden dark inner recesses are lurking inside the people you meet on the Internet!!
November 7, 2003
Rainyville, Oregon

The silence in this small community is surreal. The implications have not even begun to be considered. Silly string, M & M's, and a trail of whipped cream are horrifying reminders of the carnage. A Fox 40 whistle was pulled out of the debris. Regular posters to the web site had only this to say: "Juulie seemed like such a normal person. We never dreamed that she was capable of this. But now that I think about it, she did have these hidden dark inner recesses lurking inside her. Do you think that should've tipped us off?"

Sorry. Where are Padgett's meds?

Chuck

Old Thu Nov 07, 2002, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Re: Re: That bad?

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by stripes
[Steel Magnolias] is the worst movie ever made.
Respectfully, until (or unless) you've seen "Nothing But Trouble", starring Chevy Chase, Demi Moore, and Dan Akroyd, you are simply not qualified to give opinions on "the worst movie ever made". I wish I could find that little animation of the guy puking. That's how I felt after that movie. Not one single laugh in almost 2 hours.

Chuck
I see that Chuck has transformed this thread into an
episode of "Law & Order", or maybe "Silence of the Lambs 3"
but I'm gonna say until you've seen the Jackass movie you
have absolutely no way of knowing what a bad movie is.
For me to tell you how bad is this movie is like trying to
describe the color blue to a blind person, or explain what
an oboe sounds like to one who is deaf. Bad. Bad. Bad.
Bad in a very bad way. Why was I there? Part of the joys
of fatherhood, to accompany a 16 year old son to bad, bad,
bad movies. My older son is planning on seeing it with his
gf. I felt compelled to advise him to not take her along,
if he wants to keep her as his gf. Bad, bad, bad movie.

Bad.
Old Thu Nov 07, 2002, 03:07pm
In Memoriam

A typical father thing.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
... My older son is planning on seeing it with his
gf. I felt compelled to advise him to not take her along,
if he wants to keep her as his gf. Bad, bad, bad movie.

Bad.

"You just don't understand kids !" - Quoth 10 year-old Matt Chambers (circa 1988)
Old Thu Nov 07, 2002, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: That bad?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
I see that Chuck has transformed this thread into "Silence of the Lambs 3"
Wasn't that called "Red Dragon"? I heard it did pretty well. I was actually going for more of a "Twin Peaks" absurdity. Oh well.

Jackass loses points as worst movie ever b/c of its box office success. I'll grant you that it's bad, but it at least appeals to a certain segment of brain-damaged MTV-loving Beavis & Butthead fandom. I was the biggest Chevy Chase fan ever (I even liked his late night show on Fox), but "Nothing But Trouble" had no appeal at all to it.

Should I rent "Jackass" when it becomes available just to see the depths?

Chuck
Old Thu Nov 07, 2002, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: That bad?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
I see that Chuck has transformed this thread into "Silence of the Lambs 3"
Wasn't that called "Red Dragon"? I heard it did pretty well. I was actually going for more of a "Twin Peaks" absurdity. Oh well.

Twin Peaks! That's it, I couldn't remember the name.

Quote:

Should I rent "Jackass" when it becomes available just to see the depths?

Chuck
No. Not even as an example of badness does this thing have value. And by renting it you'll only get them to make more.

Ya gotta trust me on this one. This is one bad movie.
Old Fri Nov 08, 2002, 06:42am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: That bad?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Why didn't you quit after the first 20 minutes??
Because with Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd, I thought it just had to get better. I mean, it couldn't really be that bad for the whole movie, could it?!?! But sure enough, it was. Plus, I hate giving up on a movie that I've already paid for.

Fletch_irwin_m said he liked it, but I can't see how he could possibly have enjoyed it.

Chuck
Chuck: You weren't supposed to laugh. The actors thought it was a drama rather than a comedy.
Old Fri Nov 08, 2002, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: That bad?

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
Chuck: You weren't supposed to laugh. The actors thought it was a drama rather than a comedy.
You know, that reminds me of another of my favorite SNL moments. It was from the mid 80's, when Dennis Miller was doing the news, I think. One of the show's other regulars came on the Update. She was there to do a movie review and said something like:

I saw Out of Africa this week. . . And I'm sorry, but this movie just was not funny at all!

She then proceded to mention all the sad things that happen to the pair of lovers and pronounces the movie a miserable flop. It was very funny.

Chuck
Old Sat Nov 09, 2002, 12:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: That bad?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
You know, that reminds me of another of my favorite SNL moments. It was from the mid 80's, when Dennis Miller was doing the news, I think. One of the show's other regulars came on the Update. She was there to do a movie review and said something like:

I saw Out of Africa this week. . . And I'm sorry, but this movie just was not funny at all!

She then proceded to mention all the sad things that happen to the pair of lovers and pronounces the movie a miserable flop. It was very funny.

Chuck
ironic that it comes up now. Out of Africa is our book-group book this month. I just checked out the movie yesterday. I"ll let you know if I find any funny parts!