The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 27, 2011, 12:48pm
This IS My Social Life

Not the "Pickup" Game We Wanted

Same nearby gym where I unknowingly picked up and carried to the scorer's table that object I thought was a Tootsie Roll or Baby Ruth back in 2008. Table reminded me of that moment etched in the memories of all involved prior to the game. Good laugh.
Best skilled JV girls game I've seen or had in years.
Three minutes to go in JV girls' game with guy I'm mentoring. He's doing a spectacular job. The coaches are coaching, the players are playing, the fans are fanning, and all is right with the world.
I'm T and partner from L blows the play dead. "Object on the floor," he says. And it strikes me, "What's a partially folded restaurant dinner napkin doing on the floor over by the free throw line?" (I'm kinda naive on this sorta thing). He casually picks it up and takes it to the table and trots back to his L position.
The table is cracking up, the girls are all giggling, and the AD is trying not to die laughing.
Glad that's over. Two more games there this year. I'm not sure what else could drop out of a player's pants, but I'm preparing for the unexpected.
No article for Referee magazine on this one. I'm still trying to live the last episode down.
Old Thu Jan 27, 2011, 12:49pm
Archaic Power Monger

To quote Monty Python: "RUN AWAY!!!"
Old Thu Jan 27, 2011, 02:26pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
The coaches are coaching, the players are playing, the fans are fanning
Were the trainers training and the hot moms hotting (or momming)?

Oh yeah, were the jerks up in the stands jerking? Wait - never mind.