The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Fan "showing up" the official (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/60413-fan-showing-up-official.html)

chseagle Thu Jan 13, 2011 06:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 715536)
Sounds like other states should pass a law like we have here in Oregon. If anyone - coach, player, spectator, etc. - is directed to leave a sports venue by an official and they do not leave, they are committing "criminal trespass" and the police can be called to remove the person and charge them with a class C misdemeanor.

I keep a copy of this bill in my bag along with a copy of the Oregon statute on assaulting a sports official, which is, at the very least, a class A misdemeanor, punishable by jail time. When this bill was under consideration by our state legislature a few years ago, I was asked to testify in the State Senate committee, which I did. I was told later by my State Senator that my testimony was very persuasive, and I like to think that I had at least something to do with this law being passed.

Maybe we need you to come across the Columbia & help out up here to get similar legislation passed.

RookieDude Thu Jan 13, 2011 06:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggravy (Post 715222)
So lemme get this straight:

1. Principal
2. Asst. Principal
3. AD
4. ChseagleDad
5. ChseagleMom
6. Chseagle
7. ChseagleWife

Do you all have shirts that say something like:

EAGLE
FAMILY
SECURITY
taser certified

...you know...there seems to be some VERY funny and witty people on this forum.:D

I pledge, if I win a big MEGA lottery...I will fly a select amount of posters to a big party in Connell, WA. (chseagles hometown)

chseagle...you will sit at the head of the table...with your security staff of course.

(Sidenote: The WA winner of the latest big lottery is staying at my Wife's Ex-Mother-in-law's to keep away from the media etc. Pretty cool hey?)

Jurassic Referee Thu Jan 13, 2011 06:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 715546)
As I stated in my follow up posting, the 4 of us are on equal footing as to the chain of command depending on where we are located.

Chseagle, you're married. You just think you're on equal footing as to the chain of command. Mrs. Chseagle knows better.

BillyMac Thu Jan 13, 2011 06:49pm

No Contraction For This Post, Just ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 715526)
That word used to be longer, too.

Shut up.

chseagle Thu Jan 13, 2011 07:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 715555)
Chseagle, you're married. You just think you're on equal footing as to the chain of command. Mrs. Chseagle knows better.

Actually concerning security/crowd control, my wife may be older, but I have more experience.

chseagle Thu Jan 13, 2011 07:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieDude (Post 715550)
...you know...there seems to be some VERY funny and witty people on this forum.:D

I pledge, if I win a big MEGA lottery...I will fly a select amount of posters to a big party in Connell, WA. (chseagles hometown)

chseagle...you will sit at the head of the table...with your security staff of course.

(Sidenote: The WA winner of the latest big lottery is staying at my Wife's Ex-Mother-in-law's to keep away from the media etc. Pretty cool hey?)

The real funny thing is that Connell is not my hometown. I used to live there but not anymore.

Overnbach Thu Jan 13, 2011 07:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 715578)
The real funny thing is that Connell is not my hometown. I used to live there but not anymore.

Now that's funny right there. You gotta admit: That's funny.

26 Year Gap Thu Jan 13, 2011 08:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overnbach (Post 715584)
Now that's funny right there. You gotta admit: That's funny.

Is the rail still there?