The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 05, 2011, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

End of game Free throws

NFHS 2 person

Team B is trailing with 2 minutes left to go in the game and is continually fouling and putting team A at the foul line. Team A has 4 players in their backcourt and team B has 2 players intermingling with them. I'm a little uncomfortable administering the free throw as the T with 6 players at the other end of the court and nobody watching them. It was a heated contest and there were some verbal jabs earlier in the game. Any suggestions?
Old Wed Jan 05, 2011, 09:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansen View Post
NFHS 2 person

Team B is trailing with 2 minutes left to go in the game and is continually fouling and putting team A at the foul line. Team A has 4 players in their backcourt and team B has 2 players intermingling with them. I'm a little uncomfortable administering the free throw as the T with 6 players at the other end of the court and nobody watching them. It was a heated contest and there were some verbal jabs earlier in the game. Any suggestions?
Trail can work deeper and "open up" to the players in the BC (shoulders parallel to the sideline).

Or, Trail can go back and referee the problem area. With only A1 (shooter) and B1,2,3 on the lane, L can officiate that by him/herself.
Old Wed Jan 05, 2011, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

I don't have a problem with the T moving back toward the backcourt to keep an eye on "trouble" players. If I am your P and I am at the L, I will see this and with only the free throw shooter to worry about, I think I can take care of that.