The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 16, 2010, 04:20pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Tourney this weekend - first games of the season for me

I'm working a middle school girls "tip off" tournament this coming weekend for a local "competitive" program. We're using NF rules with the following exceptions. Note the timeouts. BTW - the boys from this organization have their tournament in December with the same rules. Of course, I ignore the rules about overtime. The part I like the best is that all the games are being played at my local HS which is less than 10 minutes from my house and has a McDonalds just down the street.

Fouls
We are allowing 6 fouls per player

Length of Games
All games will be two 22 minute halves with running clock. Final two minutes of second half will be stop clock if opponents are within 10 pts of each other. Clock will stop only during an officials or team time outs.

Every game must have a winner. If teams are tied at the end of regulation play, one 2 minute overtime will be played with stopped clock. If the game remains tied at the end of overtime, a sudden death format will be played with the first team to score a point declared the winner.

Time outs
Each team will be allowed 6 time outs per game 3 full and 3 30 second time outs. No carry over to OT. 1 full time out per OT.
Old Wed Nov 17, 2010, 08:39am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
Clock will stop only during an officials or team time outs.
1) There's no such thing as a time-out charged to the officials.

2) Every time any official blows his/her whistle, time is out (NFHS 5-8). So you're essentially saying that the clock will stop every time the official blows the whistle. So much for a running clock. . .
Old Wed Nov 17, 2010, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
1) There's no such thing as a time-out charged to the officials.

2) Every time any official blows his/her whistle, time is out (NFHS 5-8). So you're essentially saying that the clock will stop every time the official blows the whistle. So much for a running clock. . .

OK, I'm getting into my inseason semantics. Mark never mentioned a time-out charged to officials

Edit.............see what I mean about semantics? I assume you're referring to stoppage of play. I stand corrected.

Last edited by fullor30; Wed Nov 17, 2010 at 11:25am.