The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NFHS 2010-11 Basketball Exam Questions (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/59555-nfhs-2010-11-basketball-exam-questions.html)

M&M Guy Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:37am

Alright, how the he!! do I get caught up in these things?!?

And, for the record, I'm not elitist, it's just that all you guys are beneath me. ;) :D

(Well, at least I know rocky is. He's below most of us, from what I understand...)

rockyroad Tue Nov 30, 2010 03:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 703922)
Alright, how the he!! do I get caught up in these things?!?

And, for the record, I'm not elitist, it's just that all you guys are beneath me. ;) :D

(Well, at least I know rocky is. He's below most of us, from what I understand...)

It's Snaqs fault...he brought you into this whole thing.

And I'm still taller than Bhuck Elics!!:mad:

Upward ref Tue Nov 30, 2010 03:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggravy (Post 698357)
Ahhhhh (lightbulb comes on)...

EDIT: I found this thread that I did not see when I searched earlier for my answer.

http://forum.officiating.com/basketb...tml#post691403

On that particular day, I guess folks weren't so pissy and the following answer was provided:

Since ignorance is no excuse for violating the forum code of honor I sentence myself to seven hours of reading Chseagle threads.

You're being to tough on yourself.Besides no one has ever survived more than an hour!:D

26 Year Gap Tue Nov 30, 2010 03:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 704018)
It's Snaqs fault...he brought you into this whole thing.

Slightly off topic, I never did see that box score. Has it been posted here?

rockyroad Tue Nov 30, 2010 03:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 704022)

Someone copied and pasted it when it first came out...as I recall there was a pretty lengthy thread busting on the poor guy!:D

mbyron Tue Nov 30, 2010 03:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 704022)

Try this link

26 Year Gap Tue Nov 30, 2010 03:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 704026)
Someone copied and pasted it when it first came out...as I recall there was a pretty lengthy thread busting on the poor guy!:D

I would have thought that it would have been prominently displayed on said poor guy's facebook page, but it was not.:(

26 Year Gap Tue Nov 30, 2010 03:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 704027)

Thanks. And now it is showing up on that facebook page. I must not have seen it earlier.:D

ChuckElias Tue Nov 30, 2010 04:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 704018)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 704026)

Some of you know that my dad died last year. He was not a real sports fan, but was mildly interesting in my "reffing thing". One of the few officiating experiences that we shared was right after that game. I told him about the mis-spelling of my name and he did a Google search on it. He found the "lengthy thread" that DJ referenced. He laughed very hard for a very long time as he told me how funny "those guys" are.

JRutledge Tue Nov 30, 2010 04:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias (Post 704045)
Some of you know that my dad died last year. He was not a real sports fan, but was mildly interesting in my "reffing thing". One of the few officiating experiences that we shared was right after that game. I told him about the mis-spelling of my name and he did a Google search on it. He found the "lengthy thread" that DJ referenced. He laughed very hard for a very long time as he told me how funny "those guys" are.

Cool story.

Peace

BillyMac Tue Nov 30, 2010 08:34pm

My Condolences ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias (Post 704045)

Great story. My Dad lost his struggle with leukemia twelve years ago and not a single day goes by that I don't think about him, or talk about him. Thanks for sharing this story with us. I hope that it was a positive experience for you. Someday, in the off season, I'll share some very, very, very, off topic stories with you guys about my Dad. Like how he built a concrete flower box in our basement one winter, that was too heavy for us to get out of the basement in the spring. Or how he traded in his rifle for a typewriter after the Battle of Rome, lived in a hotel in Rome, had an audience with Pope Pius XII, and had the use of his captain's staff car, during World War II. Or how he ... Never mind. I'll wait until the offseason.