The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 10:14pm
Official Forum Member

NFHS 2010-11 Basketball Exam Questions

Looking for a link to an online version of the QUESTIONS ONLY. Not trying to find the answers. Just don't have my paper copy here and want to start on the test. TIA.
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 10:18pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Saddle up, boys. Here we go!
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 10:29pm
Official Forum Member

Good grief.

Yes, there's a link. It's www.nfhs.org/exams. You can access the online version of the exam when you login to take it during the last week of November.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 10:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Saddle up, boys. Here we go!
Snaqwells, generally I appreciate your contribution to the board. In this case, since you don't know me, maybe giving me the benefit of the doubt is in order. I am stuck at work on a 24 hour shift and my paper copy of the test is at home... somewhere. In my state, we are mailed the questions yet we enter the answers on the state website. So I have online rule books, online answer sheet, yet no online copy of the questions is available. Quite a system. If you recall, last year someone posted a copy of the questions sans answers. That is all I'm wanting. I am perfectly capable of completing the test on my own and I look forward to it every year. Instead of assuming I am a lazy official (of which we have plenty around here) please just understand I am trying to be productive while stuck at work. Now back to your regularly scheduled drama.

BBR thanks but I can't use the NFHS test site as my state doesn't subscribe to that method of answer submission.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 06:05am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggravy View Post
Snaqwells, generally I appreciate your contribution to the board. In this case, since you don't know me, maybe giving me the benefit of the doubt is in order. I am stuck at work on a 24 hour shift and my paper copy of the test is at home... somewhere. In my state, we are mailed the questions yet we enter the answers on the state website. So I have online rule books, online answer sheet, yet no online copy of the questions is available. Quite a system. If you recall, last year someone posted a copy of the questions sans answers. That is all I'm wanting. I am perfectly capable of completing the test on my own and I look forward to it every year. Instead of assuming I am a lazy official (of which we have plenty around here) please just understand I am trying to be productive while stuck at work. Now back to your regularly scheduled drama.

BBR thanks but I can't use the NFHS test site as my state doesn't subscribe to that method of answer submission.
If you're perfectly capable of completing the test on your own, then you shouldn't need copies of the questions BEFORE you write the damn thing. Just go home and do it.

Same old, same old...every freaking year!

The accepted rule of thumb is that anyone looking for a copy of the exam before they write the test is also looking to cheat. And the person that posted the test last year was an unethical jerk. You're only cheating yourselves imo.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
I printed out my test yesterday at work and I wish the Feds would just go with 35 or so questions. 100 questions is really crazy, IMHO.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 07:52am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:

First of all, my comment had nothing to do with your sincerity. As you state, I don't know you, so I have no idea. I was referring to what I knew was coming; which has actually been pretty mild.

Reasons why someone would want a copy posted on the board:
1. Yours.
2. To study it ahead of time.
3. To study it as a guide when their state doesn't use it.

No one ever admits to #2 when asking for the test, but providing a copy would circumvent the whole testing process for a lot of states. Posting it to the board doesn't just send it to your computer.

As JR state, whoever did it last year shouldn't have.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
First of all, my comment had nothing to do with your sincerity. As you state, I don't know you, so I have no idea. I was referring to what I knew was coming; which has actually been pretty mild.

Reasons why someone would want a copy posted on the board:
1. Yours.
2. To study it ahead of time.
3. To study it as a guide when their state doesn't use it.

No one ever admits to #2 when asking for the test, but providing a copy would circumvent the whole testing process for a lot of states. Posting it to the board doesn't just send it to your computer.

As JR state, whoever did it last year shouldn't have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
If you're perfectly capable of completing the test on your own, then you shouldn't need copies of the questions BEFORE you write the damn thing. Just go home and do it.

Same old, same old...every freaking year!

The accepted rule of thumb is that anyone looking for a copy of the exam before they write the test is also looking to cheat. And the person that posted the test last year was an unethical jerk. You're only cheating yourselves imo.
Jurassic what are you talking about? On the state website I have a blank answer sheet to fill in. I have a MAILED paper copy of the test and it is not with me at the moment. THE QUESTIONS DO NOT APPEAR WHEN I OPEN THE TEST ON THE WEBSITE, ONLY THE ANSWER SHEET. If I do not have a copy of the questions in front how am I supposed to know what the questions even are??? I wish the test appeared on the website so I wouldn't need to keep track of the paper copy but it does not.

In my state the test is open book. It is widely distributed. I was not aware it was a secret squirrel type of test. Are we talking about the same test? I've had a copy of it since September 15. It is mailed to every registered official in our state to be completed in open book format at any time before the deadline of November 23. It is blatantly announced as being an open book test designed to encourage research of the rules. I was not aware it was kept under lock and key in other states. I thought all NFHS states likely operated under the same system. Request withdrawn for all the trouble it seems to be causing.

Last edited by biggravy; Wed Oct 27, 2010 at 09:02am.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 09:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I thought all NFHS states likely operated under the same system.
No, not even close. It varies greatly from state to state.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Ahhhhh (lightbulb comes on)...

EDIT: I found this thread that I did not see when I searched earlier for my answer.

Copy of the NFHS Test (no not the answers)

On that particular day, I guess folks weren't so pissy and the following answer was provided:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl View Post
Since you are from Utah, and in Utah the test is open book with essentially unlimited time, your request is reasonable.

However, that is not the case in other states and usually this kind of request will get some harsh replies from this forum.

The Salt lake chapter usually makes a copy of the exam available to its members to help them study. It is not available yet, and won't be until the official testing period starts in Utah.

Send me a message when the test is available online and I'll see if I have by then.
Since ignorance is no excuse for violating the forum code of honor I sentence myself to seven hours of reading Chseagle threads.

Last edited by biggravy; Wed Oct 27, 2010 at 09:47am.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 10:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Since ignorance is no excuse for violating the forum code of honor I sentence myself to seven hours of reading Chseagle threads.
You will need a certified timer with 40 hours of training to monitor the time you spend.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 10:33am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Now that's a bit harsh.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Now that's a bit harsh.
True, but quite funnE
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Now that's a bit harsh.
I was thinking more along the lines of "cruel and unusual"
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 10:59am
In Memoriam

Quote:
On that particular day, I guess folks weren't so pissy and the following answer was provided:
Actually some of us have been pissy for many, many years to the cheating scumbags that come here wanting an early copy of the test and/or the answers. Every single year we go through this. Invariably they always have a good excuse for asking too.

Some states run a closed book, proctored test where you have to attain a certain percentage correct to advance in classifications. If someone posts the exam here early, officials in those states can (and will) take advantage of it. Some have open-book tests on a certain date but also only allow a certain amount of time to complete it. Having the test early obviously is a great advantage there also.

As I said, they're only cheating themselves.

Signed: Pissy Ol' JR