The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 01, 2010, 08:51pm
Official Forum Member

Shirt Tailoring

So I just bought a few new shirts... and as usual, they aren't tapered as well as they should be... I hate when the side and back of my shirt billows out-looks sloppy.

I've had a couple shirts taken in in the past but never really liked the final fit... anyone have any pointers about how they have a tailor/seamstress take in their shirt? I know there are other lanky guys out there
Old Mon Nov 01, 2010, 10:31pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Shirt Tailoring

So I just bought a few new shirts... and as usual, they aren't billowed out as well as they should be... I hate when the side and back of my shirt hug my fat-looks sloppy.

I've had a couple shirts let out in the past but never really liked the final fit... anyone have any pointers about how they have a tailor/seamstress let out their shirt? I know there are other chubby guys out there
Old Mon Nov 01, 2010, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

My wife tailors my shirts for baseball and basketball. I put the shirt on w/ my uniform pants (and belt for baseball). She pulls on the side seam towards the back to the fit that I want. She pins it, takes out the side seam, and sews it back to where it was pinned with a reinforced side seam. Excess is trimmed off and shirt now fits correctly.
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 06:23am
Esteemed Forum Member

Sewing Circle ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggravy View Post
My wife tailors my shirts for baseball and basketball. I put the shirt on w/ my uniform pants (and belt for baseball). She pulls on the side seam towards the back to the fit that I want. She pins it, takes out the side seam, and sews it back to where it was pinned with a reinforced side seam. Excess is trimmed off and shirt now fits correctly.
This is way off topic. It should have been posted on the Sewing Forum. Please don't continue to waste our time with non basketball officiating posts.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 07:11am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
This is way off topic. It should have been posted on the Sewing Forum. Please don't continue to waste our time with non basketball officiating posts.
Sewing pictures!!!!!!

We need sewing pictures!!!!!!
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 08:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
So I just bought a few new shirts... and as usual, they aren't billowed out as well as they should be... I hate when the side and back of my shirt hug my fat-looks sloppy.

I've had a couple shirts let out in the past but never really liked the final fit... anyone have any pointers about how they have a tailor/seamstress let out their shirt? I know there are other chubby guys out there
I'll ask you (and BillyMac) again -- please refrain from hijacking the threads with this type of post.

If the thread has been "inactive" for a couple of days, then go ahead and make some lame, inane and off-topic post to satisfy whatever psychological need it is you have to be noticed.
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 08:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S. View Post
So I just bought a few new shirts... and as usual, they aren't tapered as well as they should be... I hate when the side and back of my shirt billows out-looks sloppy.

I've had a couple shirts taken in in the past but never really liked the final fit... anyone have any pointers about how they have a tailor/seamstress take in their shirt? I know there are other lanky guys out there
I'd suggest taking them to a clothing store instead of to the cleaners to have this done (if that's where you are taking them).
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 09:44am
Archaic Power Monger

Agreed with Bob. A shop that is dedicated to doing alterations should also be able to do a good job for you.
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 09:52am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I'll ask you (and BillyMac) again -- please refrain from hijacking the threads with this type of post.
Just put him on ignore, for crying out loud, Bob. It's just not as big a deal as you're making it.
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 10:30am
Official Forum Member

I don't think as a moderator Bob can put people on ignore, it would kind of defeat the purpose. Also, I see where Padgett was going there. Think chseagle if you're not sure.
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 11:06am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggravy View Post
I don't think as a moderator Bob can put people on ignore,
In that case, just don't read his posts until somebody makes a serious complaint.
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 11:08am
Huck Finn

Thank you Bob.

Unfortunately, through trial and error you have to find someone who knows what they are doing.
Old Tue Nov 02, 2010, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member

thanks...

Bob, Welpe, thanks for the honest responses.

Mark, if you need some help losing weight, feel free to ask others on this board about a preseason training program... I know I'm here to help if someone asks for it.