The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Shirt Tailoring (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/59607-shirt-tailoring.html)

Matt S. Mon Nov 01, 2010 08:51pm

Shirt Tailoring

So I just bought a few new shirts... and as usual, they aren't tapered as well as they should be... I hate when the side and back of my shirt billows out-looks sloppy.

I've had a couple shirts taken in in the past but never really liked the final fit... anyone have any pointers about how they have a tailor/seamstress take in their shirt? I know there are other lanky guys out there:D

Mark Padgett Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:31pm

Shirt Tailoring

So I just bought a few new shirts... and as usual, they aren't billowed out as well as they should be... I hate when the side and back of my shirt hug my fat-looks sloppy.

I've had a couple shirts let out in the past but never really liked the final fit... anyone have any pointers about how they have a tailor/seamstress let out their shirt? I know there are other chubby guys out there:D

biggravy Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:14pm

My wife tailors my shirts for baseball and basketball. I put the shirt on w/ my uniform pants (and belt for baseball). She pulls on the side seam towards the back to the fit that I want. She pins it, takes out the side seam, and sews it back to where it was pinned with a reinforced side seam. Excess is trimmed off and shirt now fits correctly.

BillyMac Tue Nov 02, 2010 06:23am

Sewing Circle ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggravy (Post 699232)
My wife tailors my shirts for baseball and basketball. I put the shirt on w/ my uniform pants (and belt for baseball). She pulls on the side seam towards the back to the fit that I want. She pins it, takes out the side seam, and sews it back to where it was pinned with a reinforced side seam. Excess is trimmed off and shirt now fits correctly.

This is way off topic. It should have been posted on the Sewing Forum. Please don't continue to waste our time with non basketball officiating posts.

Jurassic Referee Tue Nov 02, 2010 07:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 699248)
This is way off topic. It should have been posted on the Sewing Forum. Please don't continue to waste our time with non basketball officiating posts.

Sewing pictures!!!!!!

We need sewing pictures!!!!!!

bob jenkins Tue Nov 02, 2010 08:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 699227)
So I just bought a few new shirts... and as usual, they aren't billowed out as well as they should be... I hate when the side and back of my shirt hug my fat-looks sloppy.

I've had a couple shirts let out in the past but never really liked the final fit... anyone have any pointers about how they have a tailor/seamstress let out their shirt? I know there are other chubby guys out there:D

I'll ask you (and BillyMac) again -- please refrain from hijacking the threads with this type of post.

If the thread has been "inactive" for a couple of days, then go ahead and make some lame, inane and off-topic post to satisfy whatever psychological need it is you have to be noticed.

bob jenkins Tue Nov 02, 2010 08:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt S. (Post 699215)
So I just bought a few new shirts... and as usual, they aren't tapered as well as they should be... I hate when the side and back of my shirt billows out-looks sloppy.

I've had a couple shirts taken in in the past but never really liked the final fit... anyone have any pointers about how they have a tailor/seamstress take in their shirt? I know there are other lanky guys out there:D

I'd suggest taking them to a clothing store instead of to the cleaners to have this done (if that's where you are taking them).

Welpe Tue Nov 02, 2010 09:44am

Agreed with Bob. A shop that is dedicated to doing alterations should also be able to do a good job for you.

Scrapper1 Tue Nov 02, 2010 09:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 699260)
I'll ask you (and BillyMac) again -- please refrain from hijacking the threads with this type of post.

Just put him on ignore, for crying out loud, Bob. It's just not as big a deal as you're making it.

biggravy Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:30am

I don't think as a moderator Bob can put people on ignore, it would kind of defeat the purpose. Also, I see where Padgett was going there. Think chseagle if you're not sure. ;)

Scrapper1 Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggravy (Post 699301)
I don't think as a moderator Bob can put people on ignore,

In that case, just don't read his posts until somebody makes a serious complaint.

tomegun Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:08am

Thank you Bob.

Unfortunately, through trial and error you have to find someone who knows what they are doing.

Matt S. Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:11pm

thanks...

Bob, Welpe, thanks for the honest responses.

Mark, if you need some help losing weight, feel free to ask others on this board about a preseason training program... I know I'm here to help if someone asks for it.