Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 09:59am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

God Bless America

Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 10:39am
certified Hot Mom tester

Welcome Home Veterans parade in my town today followed by a community fair. I will be there all afternoon working a booth for our local kids rec league.

http://www.welcomehomeagainparade.co...egon/Home.html

Last edited by Mark Padgett; Sat Sep 11, 2010 at 10:44am.
Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

I have a "Fellow Vets Eat Free" policy on 9/11. Sort of a pass it along thing. It is probably just me but I think that they should replay the video of the planes everyday, so we truly WON'T forget.
Ok, off my soap box now. God Bless America!
Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 12:33pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Remember ...

"That government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.”
(President Abraham Lincoln, November 19, 1863, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judtech View Post
I have a "Fellow Vets Eat Free" policy on 9/11. Sort of a pass it along thing. It is probably just me but I think that they should replay the video of the planes everyday, so we truly WON'T forget.
Ok, off my soap box now. God Bless America!
Judtech, in my mind, as well as my family's, there are 2 days that should be made Federal Holidays. Those 2 days are 9/11 & 12/7, as both days America was attacked & many lives were lost.

Like what was said back on 12/8/1941: "Yesterday, December 7, 1941, A day which will live in infamy". This phrase can also be used as a perfect description of 9/11.
Old Sun Sep 12, 2010, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

"This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day. Yet, we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world."
George W Bush 9/11/2001

"Today, those sacrifices are being made by members of our armed forces who now defend us so far from home, and by their proud and worried families.... We ask a lot of those who wear our uniform. We ask them to leave their loved ones, to travel great distances, to risk injury, even to be prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice of their lives. They are dedicated. They are honorable. They represent the best of our country, and we are grateful."

"The battle is now joined on many fronts. We will not waiver, we will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail. Peace and freedom will prevail. Thank you. May God continue to bless America"

George W Bush 10/07/2001

"The words are the same now as they were in 2001.. and in 1963
Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Martin Luther King

To all my frends in Afghanistan and Iraq it has been a honor to serve with you. Keep your heads down and come back swiftly and safely!