The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 12:14am
Official Forum Member

Anyone ever been to this camp, in Bellingham WA ?

What's it like? How many games? How are the evaluators? Is it worth going to? The price seems pretty good for a 5-day camp.

Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 09:55am
Esteemed Participant

It's a good teaching camp...you'll learn lots and gets lots of good feedback. Don't go expecting to be seen by any big-time assignors. The guy who runs the camp assigns only one conference, a D-II conference with only 10 schools...so if you're wanting to "be seen", this isn't the camp for you...just want to learn and get better, then try it out! The play is boys Varsity teams, mostly 3A and 4A schools from WA, OR, ID, MT, and some from Canada...pretty competitive play...be in shape, cause you will run your butt off!
Old Tue Apr 12, 2005, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

I agree with Rocky. Good teaching camp, but not a great get seen camp. The price is fairly good it includes all meals and accomodation right on campus. There is no video, which is a little dissapointing but as Rocky said the feedback is solid.

In the past there have been 3 sets of 3 games a day (9 in total) but he puts you in a group of about 6 with one or two evaluators and you work 1/2 a game at a time.

It is guys ball, but I would say that the level of play is only okay, not great. If you know ahead of time what the camp is about then I think it is a very good one from the standpoint of cost, number of games, feedback and that type of thing.