The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 10, 2010, 07:59am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to kgeorge0263
Stripes for $10 - $12 from The OfficialsChoice

I know some of you prefer certain vendors like Honig's and Purchase Officials, but the Officials Choice has stripes for v-neck and collared for $10-$14. They do charge quite a bit for shipping, but overall you are paying less than $18 for a set of stripes. They have all sorts, micromesh, soft-poly, ultra tek, etc.

I've used them in the past and also have gotten from Honig's and Purchase Officials, but if you want to re-stock some shirts you can't beat the price.

theofficialschoice.com

Good luck!

KG
Old Tue Aug 10, 2010, 08:13am
Official Forum Member

As Click and Clack say, "the stingy man pays the most." This is a corollary of "you get what you pay for."
Old Tue Aug 10, 2010, 11:47am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
As Click and Clack say, "the stingy man pays the most." This is a corollary of "you get what you pay for."
We have at minimum a dozen football officials who use TOC almost exclusively (they don't sell stirrups or Cdn flags). They're top quality products. Oh ya: count me as the baker in the baker's dozen.
Old Tue Aug 10, 2010, 11:51am
M.A.S.H.

Their orginal material for the basketball shirts was the best! Now, they've got all different kinds of material they are using. Buy with caution.

Also, I see they have a new web design.
Old Tue Aug 10, 2010, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

These shirts are fine. I've worn them for the past two years without any problems. I have been very happy with them.

The sale is $10 per HS shirt for sizes XL and below, $12.50 for 2XL, $15 for 3XL, and $17.50 for 4XL. The college-model with the side-panel starts at $17.50 and goes up similarly by size.

The shipping charge is $8.95 for one shirt, $10.95 for two, $12.95 for three, $14.95 for four, etc.

So if you find a couple of buddies and combine your order, you can split the shipping charge and do rather well. That's what I just did.

My only disappointment was that they didn't have the gray shirt in my size. All that is left is ES, S, 3XL, and 4XL.
Old Wed Aug 11, 2010, 12:27am
Official Forum Member

Mesh vs Ultra Tek?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1 View Post
Their orginal material for the basketball shirts was the best! Now, they've got all different kinds of material they are using. Buy with caution.

Also, I see they have a new web design.
I bought several of the mesh variety last year, and I like them. Now this year, I ordered a couple of the Ultra Tek type. They are appear to be a whiter white, but I've not worn one yet. Any opinions?

PS - It appears that I'll be visiting the great state of Illinois twice this fall. Once the first weekend of October (a mini class reunion in Effingham) and, then, to the Big Windy (actually Northbrook, Rolling Meadows, &/or Naperville) for Thanksgiving.
Old Wed Aug 11, 2010, 01:15pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcubed48 View Post
I bought several of the mesh variety last year, and I like them. Now this year, I ordered a couple of the Ultra Tek type. They are appear to be a whiter white, but I've not worn one yet. Any opinions?

PS - It appears that I'll be visiting the great state of Illinois twice this fall. Once the first weekend of October (a mini class reunion in Effingham) and, then, to the Big Windy (actually Northbrook, Rolling Meadows, &/or Naperville) for Thanksgiving.
I haven't worn mine yet. I thought it was a deal too good to pass up so I got 3 and put them in my closet.

You will be about 40 miles from me when you visit for your class reunion. I travel to Effingham area a lot to officiate.
Old Wed Aug 11, 2010, 02:12pm
MABO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
The sale is $10 per HS shirt for sizes XL and below, $12.50 for 2XL, $15 for 3XL, and $17.50 for 4XL. The college-model with the side-panel starts at $17.50 and goes up similarly by size.

The shipping charge is $8.95 for one shirt, $10.95 for two, $12.95 for three, $14.95 for four, etc.

So if you find a couple of buddies and combine your order, you can split the shipping charge and do rather well. That's what I just did.
Nevada How many did you order with your buds? All the styles I checked say there is a limit of 2 or 3 per order. No savings there.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Wed Aug 11, 2010, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeEater View Post
Nevada How many did you order with your buds? All the styles I checked say there is a limit of 2 or 3 per order. No savings there.
Ten shirts total. My share of the shipping was about $5.

It seems that we got around that by having people order different sizes and some who wanted the mesh while others wanted the non-mesh. I guess we were just fortunate with the make up of our ordering group.

You are correct that the limits really work against you in respect to the shipping charges.
Old Wed Aug 11, 2010, 04:43pm
I got a Basketball Jones!

I have always found them more than amenable to accept orders in quantities greater than their stated maximums. Just add a note to the comments section of the order. Never got dinged for additional shipping charges either.
Old Thu Aug 19, 2010, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

I've been wearing their shirts for the past 2 seasons and I don't have any complaints.
Old Sun Aug 22, 2010, 04:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
We have at minimum a dozen football officials who use TOC almost exclusively (they don't sell stirrups or Cdn flags). They're top quality products. Oh ya: count me as the baker in the baker's dozen.

What is their shipping like to Canada? I'm in the horseshoe...
Old Sun Aug 22, 2010, 07:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by constable View Post
What is their shipping like to Canada? I'm in the horseshoe...
You could probably look it up yourself in not much more time than it took to type your question.
Old Sun Aug 22, 2010, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
You could probably look it up yourself in not much more time than it took to type your question.

Actually. No. They didn't have a listing for Canadian shipping rates. When I emailed them they couldn't even give an approximate cost for a few shirts. That's why I asked someone from the same province as myself.

Thanks a lot.
Old Sun Aug 22, 2010, 11:15pm
Official Forum Member

Shipping for Canadian orders is about 12 bucks.