The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Do most of you out there that wear the black and white stripe shirts wear the polyester or the micro mesh? Or is there something better than both of these?

What do most of the college officals wear when they are not wearing the ones with the black stripes under their arm pits? Who supplies their normal striped shirts?

Thanks.

Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shef24
Do most of you out there that wear the black and white stripe shirts wear the polyester or the micro mesh? Or is there something better than both of these?

What do most of the college officals wear when they are not wearing the ones with the black stripes under their arm pits? Who supplies their normal striped shirts?

Thanks.

I like to wear the micro mesh. However, I wear the polyester when I know that my partner is one of those guys who would rate a partner down based on them wearing a micro mesh shirt.

Z
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 02:40pm
M.A.S.H.

I've only worn polyester, however I just added a few weeks about the micro-softer shirts. I like the feel of them but the we'll see next season how well I like them on the court.
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

Stripes

I have worn the micro mesh for two years and wouldn't go back to polyster.
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drothamel
I don't want to start the Official's Choice debate again, but. . . the micro-softer shirt from them is the best shirt I have ever worn. Very durable, thus far, and super comfortable. I used to hate the mesh shirts, but this product has completely changed my mind. If you buy them, they run at least one size big, I had to get mine tailored.
Old Thu Mar 31, 2005, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

I have the micro mesh shirt from Honig's and I noticed a while ago that you can tell a difference from the black of the stripes and the black around the collars and sleeves. I was wondering if all micromesh shirts did this or just this brand?
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 05:56pm
Official Forum Member

I'm a traditionalist. I wear polyester. But, horror of horrors, I wear a belt, too, so who can take my opinion seriously? The friends that I have who wear the mesh all say that they are slicker -- and I'M NOT KIDDING HERE -- one says he has to wear his pants one size smaller because his pants slip down more with the mesh. I think I would wear the mesh in Summer AAU or AYBT ball, especially if I was wearing shorts.
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
I'm a traditionalist. I wear polyester. But, horror of horrors, I wear a belt, too, so who can take my opinion seriously? The friends that I have who wear the mesh all say that they are slicker -- and I'M NOT KIDDING HERE -- one says he has to wear his pants one size smaller because his pants slip down more with the mesh. I think I would wear the mesh in Summer AAU or AYBT ball, especially if I was wearing shorts.
I wear my mesh for recball, AAU and all that stuff. I wear polyester for HS games.
Old Sat Apr 02, 2005, 10:32pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
I wear my mesh for recball, AAU and all that stuff. I wear polyester for HS games.

Snake~eyes:

I agree with you. Mesh shirts are meant to be worn with shorts, not long pants.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sun Apr 03, 2005, 12:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by drothamel
I don't want to start the Official's Choice debate again, but. . . the micro-softer shirt from them is the best shirt I have ever worn. Very durable, thus far, and super comfortable. I used to hate the mesh shirts, but this product has completely changed my mind. If you buy them, they run at least one size big, I had to get mine tailored.
I just got a couple of the new micro-softer shirts tonight. I'm looking forward to trying them out on Monday. I have always worn the poly-cotton until now. I hate the feel of the polyester. But the poly-cotton can get kind of warm.
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Is there a way to get in contact with the Officials Choice people? I have a question for them, but I don't see a way to contact them on their website.
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Their phone number is 1-973-267-8874.

I recommend that you phone your order in, I've heard people have had bad experiences with shipping quotes when you order through their website.
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 04:10pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shef24
Is there a way to get in contact with the Officials Choice people? I have a question for them, but I don't see a way to contact them on their website.
I believe they pulled their e-mail address from their site whenever they got a large number of people complaining about their shipping charges.
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

I got their email from the back of the NFHS rules book. I just emailed them about a week ago and got a promt reply using:

[email protected]

Or if you submit your email to get their product list through your email. You might be able to use their from email address. Something like [email protected] I believe.
Old Mon Apr 11, 2005, 06:53pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
But just don't ask Tony for help.