The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 03, 2010, 09:37pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkut View Post
What a martyr, taking this kind of abuse because he defends "going to school" and "trying to win". Poor guy.

Why do people hate schoolgoing win-trying people like poor Coach K?
Our "hate" is pretty much limited to his attitude toward officials. He treats them like dirt.
Old Sun Apr 04, 2010, 06:17am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkut View Post
What a martyr, taking this kind of abuse because he defends "going to school" and "trying to win". Poor guy.

Why do people hate schoolgoing win-trying people like poor Coach K?
Can you find another D1 head basketball coach that DOESN'T also defend going to school and trying to win? They ALL pay lip service to that.

Ridiculous statement, Berkut.

Nobody is questioning K's abilities as a coach. A whole bunch of people, and I'm one of them, detest the show that he puts on when he pays lip service to sportsmanship though. Hell, one of his players stomped on another player in an NCAA playoff game and he didn't really do a damn thing about it. He continually tries to influence officials with his constant whining and is a complete potty-mouth also while doing so.

He's a sanctimonius phoney and a whiny hemorrhoid.

Want to know why I call him a "hemmorhoid"? Simple. From an official's standpoint, he's on their azz every minute that they're out there.
Old Sun Apr 04, 2010, 09:15am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Can you find another D1 head basketball coach that DOESN'T also defend going to school and trying to win? They ALL pay lip service to that.

Nobody is questioning K's abilities as a coach. A whole bunch of people, and I'm one of them, detest the show that he puts on when he pays lip service to sportsmanship though. Hell, one of his players stomped on another player in an NCAA playoff game and he didn't really do a damn thing about it. He continually tries to influence officials with his constant whining and is a complete potty-mouth also while doing so.

Want to know why I call him a "hemmorhoid"? Simple. From an official's standpoint, he's on their azz every minute that they're out there.
And it is too bad that there isn't more Preparation T employed. But, then, of course, their schedules would suffer.
Old Sun Apr 04, 2010, 11:44am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:

JR, I think Berkut was mocking Dukie K by quoting him.
Old Sun Apr 04, 2010, 11:49am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
And it is too bad that there isn't more Preparation T employed. But, then, of course, their schedules would suffer.
Here's my dream: Official calls a T on Dukieski, Dukieski calls conference assigner and whines like one of his grandkids, getting that official off his schedule the rest of the season.

FF to NCAA, when John Adams puts the same official on Dukieski's first round game against 16th seeded Drake University, who came out of nowhere to win their conference tourney with a 6-23 record. Official calls a charge against Dukieski's star point guard, wiping off a basket. Dukieski goes crazy because he's been getting away with it all year, and official calls a T with 10 seconds left. Dukieski's team loses by 1.
Old Sun Apr 04, 2010, 01:01pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
So, Snaqs, you given this whole Coach K thing much thought?

Bwahahaha!

Wow!
Old Sun Apr 04, 2010, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

And there I was thinking people who use the blue text where being too obvious...
Old Sun Apr 04, 2010, 07:20pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
So, Snaqs, you given this whole Coach K thing much thought?

Bwahahaha!

Wow!
Not really, that was just off the top of my head.
Old Sun Apr 04, 2010, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

Am I right in assuming that any and all of the guys who 'hate' DUKE (and Coach Krzyzewski) would turn back any assignments for DUKE games ?

I realize that there will be responses such as 'you just do your job' or 'you don't think about that', 'professionalism comes into play', etc., but if you went to the trouble of joining this 'hate fest' then that bias will always be just below the surface, waiting to erupt.

To take it a step further, wouldn't the honorable thing to do in any case where you didn't 'respect' a coach to call off working any of their games.

In my years of officiating we could blacklist any coach and / or school; I permanently blacklisted one coach (acquaintance from HS ... never got along) and one HS (sodium lights where I just couldn't see right) for over 10 years.

Easier to avoid trouble rather than confront it.

OFD
Old Sun Apr 04, 2010, 09:30pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDookFanboyDan View Post
Am I right in assuming that any and all of the guys who 'hate' DUKE (and Coach Krzyzewski) would turn back any assignments for DUKE games ?
Am I right in assuming that you're the same Dook fanboy who showed up here last March also? And you're still complaining about how nasty we are for dumping on your idol?

Your posts from last year are still on the record, OldDookFanboyDan. You haven't changed much.

Duke vs. Villanova

Go find a Dook fanboy site and be sure to tell all your brethren about us mean old weferees. You'll feel so much better if you do that. You ain't an official and you never have been, so quit trying to masquerade as one. You're just your average whiny ol' Dook fanboy.

Go!

Shoo!

Shoo, shoo....

And don't bother to come back next year either.

PS--- FD!

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Sun Apr 04, 2010 at 09:39pm.
Old Sun Apr 04, 2010, 09:55pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Am I right in assuming that you're the same Dook fanboy who showed up here last March also? And you're still complaining about how nasty we are for dumping on your idol?

Your posts from last year are still on the record, OldDookFanboyDan. You haven't changed much.

Duke vs. Villanova

Go find a Dook fanboy site and be sure to tell all your brethren about us mean old weferees. You'll feel so much better if you do that. You ain't an official and you never have been, so quit trying to masquerade as one. You're just your average whiny ol' Dook fanboy.

Go!

Shoo!

Shoo, shoo....

PS--- FD!
In the days of yore, Old Duke was about 89 cents a bottle. "Whiskey makes you frisky. Wine makes you fine. Old Duke makes you ____."
Old Sun Apr 04, 2010, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Duke vs. Villanova

Go!

Shoo!

Shoo, shoo....

PS--- FD!
Sorry, brainiac, I was an active IAABO official in BB up here in NY for 11 years (retired for health reasons); I also officiated softball (ASA) and Soccer.

In fact, I was a member of the same IAABO board as one of the officials from Saturday's semis ... officiated many a game with him. You seem to think you're so damn smart, figure out which one it was.

The one thing that I'm not is a hypocrite like some of you seem to be.

P.S. FU!

OFD
Old Mon Apr 05, 2010, 06:48am
In Memoriam

Shoo, fanboy, shoo.......

Lah me.....and 96.74% of 'em are all ex-officials.
Old Mon Apr 05, 2010, 08:40am
Get away from me, Steve.

While doing my daily grind on the elliptical, I heard that the owners of the Nets are prepared to offer the rat $12 million - $15 million a year to be coach / GM.

For that kind of stupid money, even King Dook should listen. $75 million over 5 years isn't exactly chump change.
Old Mon Apr 05, 2010, 08:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Shoo, fanboy, shoo.......

Lah me.....and 96.74% of 'em are all ex-officials.

I figured that that would be the response from some moronic loser with no life except an online message board (17,965 posts).

I'd put my ratings record up against yours any day, fool.

OFD