The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 28, 2010, 09:38pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation There's a first time for everything - and I think this was one of them.

Worked an 8th grade "competitive" boys rec game this afternoon. One of the players fouled out midway through the 3rd quarter. What's so unusual about that? All five of his fouls were offensive player control fouls. He would get the ball and just drive the lane with total disregard for whoever was in his way. Twice, he fouled players who were defending other players by running into their sides while they were stationary. One time, he actually knocked one of those kids about six feet.

His coach gave him a good stern lecture on the bench. Why he waited until the kid fouled out is a good question.

I can't remember ever seeing this happen before in all my years - going back to the Naismith days.
Old Sun Feb 28, 2010, 09:48pm
Esteemed Forum Member

It Was Difficult Finding All Black Sandals ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I can't remember ever seeing this happen before in all my years.
I've been reading my Old Testament, and I believe that Abraham picked up five player control fouls in one game. Pharaoh drew most of the charges. Pharaoh always did play great defense. Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. will know for sure. He worked the game.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)