The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 11:56am
Esteemed Forum Member

What? No Basketball Articles ???

I just received my most recent issue of Sports Illustrated. I was very disappointed that there wasn't a single basketball article. Not one. Just a bunch of photos of scantly dressed women in warm climates. You know what? As a service to all Forum members, I'll read through this issue again, just to make sure that there really aren't any basketball articles. If I find one, I'll get back to you.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I just received my most recent issue of Sports Illustrated. I was very disappointed that there wasn't a single basketball article. Not one. Just a bunch of photos of scantly dressed women in warm climates. You know what? As a service to all Forum members, I'll read through this issue again, just to make sure that there really aren't any basketball articles. If I find one, I'll get back to you.
What a travesty. I'm particularly surprised there isn't an article about the Syracuse-UCONN controversial ending.

How dare they put these pictures in a sports magazine.
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 12:59pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Fair And Balanced ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Just a bunch of photos of scantly dressed women in warm climates.
Alright, just to be fair to Sports Illustrated, I read through the issue a second time. Didn't find any basketball articles, but I did find an entire article about body paint. What's the big deal? These women don't look like they're wearing a lot of extra makeup? They don't look like shameless hussies. What's the big deal about wearing a little extra lipstick, rouge, mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner, and nail polish if you're a model on a photo shoot? Granted, I don't know much about fashion, but the bathing suits in this body paint article do look nice.

Just to make sure that I'm giving SI a fair shot, I'll dive in again and try to come up with a basketball article. If they're really aren't any basketball articles in this issue, I'll let you guys know and save you the time of thumbing through this issue. I'm sure that you all have more important things to do since the basketball season is still in progress.

I've got a varsity prep school game to work, after I chip the ice of my sidewalk, so I'll get back to you guys a little later in the evening. I'm anxious to give this issue a third look, as a service to the Forum membership, of course.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 03:39pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Mr. Mac (Billy if I might be so bold),

I personally appreciate your selfless service for the Forum.

Keep up the good work and keep us informed.

My issue arrived the other day too. I always look forward to this issue - as in the dead of winter it's nice to see warm, tropical beaches!
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 06:37pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Missed Those Photos ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
It's nice to see warm, tropical beaches!
There are beach photos in this issue? For some reason, I really can't think of why, I missed those beach photos. I was to busy looking for something else, like, maybe, ... basketball photos, yes, that's it, basketball photos, that's what distracted me from noticing the beach photos. Yeah, that's the story I'm sticking to.

Now I guess that I'll have to go back and look at this issue a third time, to see if grunewar really did see photos of beaches. A man's work is never done.