The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 05:27pm
certified Hot Mom tester
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: only in my own mind, such as it is
Posts: 12,918
Question Another throw-in question

NF rules. Team A to throw-in following a made basket by team B. A1 is OOB with the ball along the endline. A2 steps OOB along the endline and A1 passes him the ball. Legal so far - no question. Now - can A2 pass the ball back to A1 (who is still OOB) and have A1 then make the throw-in? Assume the five second count is not a factor.
__________________
Yom HaShoah
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 05:58pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 29
If its legal once why not twice?

I've got nothing here.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 06:12pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
NF rules. Team A to throw-in following a made basket by team B. A1 is OOB with the ball along the endline. A2 steps OOB along the endline and A1 passes him the ball. Legal so far - no question. Now - can A2 pass the ball back to A1 (who is still OOB) and have A1 then make the throw-in? Assume the five second count is not a factor.
Absolutely, saw a team do this numerous times about 6 years ago. Looked freaky when I first saw it, but legal.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 08:34pm
In Time Out
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 794
you know if I'm ever a coach I got so much ammo from here to mess with officials. I'm going to have a bunch of plays just to test them. mohhahahahaah(evil laugh)
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 08:54pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantducky View Post
you know if I'm ever a coach I got so much ammo from here to mess with officials. I'm going to have a bunch of plays just to test them. mohhahahahaah(evil laugh)
You'll forget eveything you learned and become a complete *** overnight.(forever) Simply comes with the trade!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 10:17pm
In Time Out
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 794
Over the back! OVER the back!!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 01:14am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 559
perfectly legal.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 11:44am
SAK SAK is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 284
See no reason why you cannot pass it multiple times. Assuming, as you said, the ball is pass in bounds before the 5 second violation.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 12:06pm
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell
Posts: 20,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAK View Post
See no reason why you cannot pass it multiple times. Assuming, as you said, the ball is pass in bounds before the 5 second violation.
Almost but not quite....very slight difference...

The throw-in doesn't have to be in bounds. It has to be released towards in-bounds before the 5-second count ends.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
throw-in question DaveRef Basketball 9 Sun Dec 13, 2009 07:15pm
Throw in question Hugh Refner Basketball 17 Fri Jul 10, 2009 07:30am
Throw in question sj Basketball 22 Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:48am
Throw question pt2 icallfouls Basketball 9 Wed Dec 03, 2008 04:39am
two questions - start of half question and free throw question hoopguy Basketball 6 Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:12pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1