The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 04:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to tjchamp
I had this happen to me ealier this year. Missed bunny shot, gets his own rebound, defender gets there for the second shot and bear hugs the shooter. I was set to call a personal foul, when my C comes in and asks what I have, and consider calling an intentional. That hadn't crossed my mind until he mentioned it. I then replayed what happened in my mind, and reported the intentional. My C didn't say I had to call intentional, just wanted me to consider it. I appreciated his input, and made the right call. And, I learned something from the situation too.
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjchamp View Post
I had this happen to me ealier this year. Missed bunny shot, gets his own rebound, defender gets there for the second shot and bear hugs the shooter. I was set to call a personal foul, when my C comes in and asks what I have, and consider calling an intentional. That hadn't crossed my mind until he mentioned it. I then replayed what happened in my mind, and reported the intentional. My C didn't say I had to call intentional, just wanted me to consider it. I appreciated his input, and made the right call. And, I learned something from the situation too.
I wish your C was my C the other night. Although yours seems pretty obvious