Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue Jan 19, 2010, 04:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
I think you may be right. It should go without saying, shouldn't it, that if indeed he was uncertain he could have made eye contact with his partner for possible help before signaling direction.
I agree 100%. I hate using the arrow on an OOB play. When it happens to me, I blow the whistle and raise my hand. I then look to my partner. If I get nothing after about 1.5 seconds, I go with the arrow.

When this happens, I welcome any help I get from my partner. After all, I want to look good, but I'd rather get the call right.

(Representing: It sounds like you are beating yourself up over this one. Actually, that is a good thing. Don't fly off the handle and start complaining about "scratch lists" and "politics". Think about the situation you were in and realize that you made a mistake. Think about how you will avoid making the same mistake again. Then, don't make that mistake again. I know it sounds like a lecture, but I'm really just trying to help.)