Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 19, 2010, 01:45am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
Today, in a highly intense Girls JV game, I was trail. Ball is right in front of me and all of the sudden it becomes loose, on its way going out of bounds. Two girls, both of opposite teams, reaches for the ball and I swear it was nearly simultaneously touched and goes out of bounds. I take a second to think about it and I say "simultaneously touched, jump ball" and the crowd goes wild. My partner, who shouldn't have even been looking at this play, comes over and says "I saw white touched it last, it is red's ball". Now I just looked like an idiot and says "Red's ball" and gives it to red, even though if I would have gone to the arrow it would have been white's ball.

The angle I was with it coming to me, it definitely looked like a simultaneous touch, while my partner and a few friends of mine in the stands said from their angle you could definitely see white touched it last. Any advice on how to avoid this situation? Let it be known that it was with about 10-15 seconds left and White was leading by 2 points at this exact moment.
You made a wrong call. Your partner provided information which allowed you to correct yourself and make the right call. From the OP it sounds like the problem is how he provided the information. He shouldn't have said anything loud enough for others to hear. He tells you what he saw, and if it convinces you, you have the authority to change your call.

Bottom line. Your call. He has no authority to change it.

Lonesome Dove