The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 08:57pm
Official Forum Member

Beltless pants

Need everyones opinion on which beltless pants to get. Smitty, Sansabelt, or Gerry Davis. Looking for a pair that are a little more form fitting and tapper down. How does each pair of pants fit. I am 5'9 155lbs.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 09:57pm
Official Forum Member

Didn't like Smittys. Own a couple pair of Sansabelts and really like them.

I'm not married to Sansabelts, but I always know that in a pinch I can get a new pair fast from a clothing store if necessary.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 10:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwstudentref View Post
I went with smitty style pants this year. I am about 6'2 and 210 lbs. I ordered a 38 inch waist, the waist was fine but length was a little long so I had my mom hem up the botoms for me. I would say order one size down from your normal waist size, at least for smitty then length should be fine
bwstudentref
May I make a suggestion and when you hem your pants have them do a military cut, in essence the back comes down the heel and is longer than on top of the shoe. It will look sharper when you're standing, which is practically always.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

Nothing but Sansabelt for me...been wearing that brand for close to 30 years...
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

Eyezen: I'm hardly ever standing, I'm on the move..............
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 12:07am
Archaic Power Monger

If you want form fitting, the Smitty's are not for you. The legs are a bit baggy but fit well otherwise.
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 12:16am
Official Forum Member

I love my sansabelts. They are form fitting, however they can be form fitting to the point of being, well, nuthuggers. I order one size bigger and have the missus bring the waist in. YMMV.
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 12:49am
M.A.S.H.

Sansabelts for me from now on. I used to wear the Honig's B51AP... that's a good slack too.

Who has the best deal on Sansabelts?
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 01:18am
Get away from me, Steve.

Smitty for me. I ordered a 36 (I'm either a 34 or 36 depending on pant) and it's a pretty honest fit. Lower legs are a bit baggy, but I'm OK with them.

To me, the Smitty shirt (ComfortTech Mesh) is the best on the market.
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 11:18am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post

To me, the Smitty shirt (ComfortTech Mesh) is the best on the market.
I ordered a few of those from Purchase Officials but found the sizing to be wildly inconsistent, even after they sent me a couple of more shirts in the same size. I ended up returning them and went with a couple of the Ultimate Referee Shirts from Ump-Attire and am quite happy with them.
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

I’ve been wearing the Cliff Keen beltless pleated. Love ‘em
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 12:06pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen View Post
May I make a suggestion and when you hem your pants have them do a military cut, in essence the back comes down the heel and is longer than on top of the shoe. It will look sharper when you're standing, which is practically always.
You can also have them cut a 1" slit on the bottom (outside). It allows the pants to fall over your shoe better.
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 12:10pm
Official Forum Member

I bought the new Gerry Davis pants with the sliders (or whatever you want to call them) on the side. They are comfortable, and as my weight changes (not that I'm huge, but it does fluctuate) slightly throughout the season, I can adjust.
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I ordered a few of those from Purchase Officials but found the sizing to be wildly inconsistent, even after they sent me a couple of more shirts in the same size. I ended up returning them and went with a couple of the Ultimate Referee Shirts from Ump-Attire and am quite happy with them.
Boy, that's the truth, I ordered a medium as I'm skinny and wanted it to be a snug fit, I used to wear a large, but the medium was baggy! Sending back.
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 01:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to CLH Send a message via Yahoo to CLH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhjordan23 View Post
Need everyones opinion on which beltless pants to get. Smitty, Sansabelt, or Gerry Davis. Looking for a pair that are a little more form fitting and tapper down. How does each pair of pants fit. I am 5'9 155lbs.
We're pretty much the exact same size. The Sansabelt's seem to fit the best and have the best cut for me.