The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Beltless pants (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/56440-beltless-pants.html)

cmhjordan23 Wed Jan 13, 2010 08:57pm

Beltless pants

Need everyones opinion on which beltless pants to get. Smitty, Sansabelt, or Gerry Davis. Looking for a pair that are a little more form fitting and tapper down. How does each pair of pants fit. I am 5'9 155lbs.

jdw3018 Wed Jan 13, 2010 09:57pm

Didn't like Smittys. Own a couple pair of Sansabelts and really like them.

I'm not married to Sansabelts, but I always know that in a pinch I can get a new pair fast from a clothing store if necessary.

eyezen Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwstudentref (Post 651360)
I went with smitty style pants this year. I am about 6'2 and 210 lbs. I ordered a 38 inch waist, the waist was fine but length was a little long so I had my mom hem up the botoms for me. I would say order one size down from your normal waist size, at least for smitty then length should be fine
bwstudentref

May I make a suggestion and when you hem your pants have them do a military cut, in essence the back comes down the heel and is longer than on top of the shoe. It will look sharper when you're standing, which is practically always.

BEAREF Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:08pm

Nothing but Sansabelt for me...been wearing that brand for close to 30 years...

co2ice Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:25pm

Eyezen: I'm hardly ever standing, I'm on the move..............;)

Welpe Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:07am

If you want form fitting, the Smitty's are not for you. The legs are a bit baggy but fit well otherwise.

biggravy Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:16am

I love my sansabelts. They are form fitting, however they can be form fitting to the point of being, well, nuthuggers. I order one size bigger and have the missus bring the waist in. YMMV.

tjones1 Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:49am

Sansabelts for me from now on. I used to wear the Honig's B51AP... that's a good slack too.

Who has the best deal on Sansabelts?

Rich Thu Jan 14, 2010 01:18am

Smitty for me. I ordered a 36 (I'm either a 34 or 36 depending on pant) and it's a pretty honest fit. Lower legs are a bit baggy, but I'm OK with them.

To me, the Smitty shirt (ComfortTech Mesh) is the best on the market.

Welpe Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 651407)

To me, the Smitty shirt (ComfortTech Mesh) is the best on the market.

I ordered a few of those from Purchase Officials but found the sizing to be wildly inconsistent, even after they sent me a couple of more shirts in the same size. I ended up returning them and went with a couple of the Ultimate Referee Shirts from Ump-Attire and am quite happy with them.

Vinski Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:37am

I’ve been wearing the Cliff Keen beltless pleated. Love ‘em

tomegun Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyezen (Post 651373)
May I make a suggestion and when you hem your pants have them do a military cut, in essence the back comes down the heel and is longer than on top of the shoe. It will look sharper when you're standing, which is practically always.

You can also have them cut a 1" slit on the bottom (outside). It allows the pants to fall over your shoe better.

doubleringer Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:10pm

I bought the new Gerry Davis pants with the sliders (or whatever you want to call them) on the side. They are comfortable, and as my weight changes (not that I'm huge, but it does fluctuate) slightly throughout the season, I can adjust.

fullor30 Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 651535)
I ordered a few of those from Purchase Officials but found the sizing to be wildly inconsistent, even after they sent me a couple of more shirts in the same size. I ended up returning them and went with a couple of the Ultimate Referee Shirts from Ump-Attire and am quite happy with them.

Boy, that's the truth, I ordered a medium as I'm skinny and wanted it to be a snug fit, I used to wear a large, but the medium was baggy! Sending back.

CLH Thu Jan 14, 2010 01:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmhjordan23 (Post 651350)
Need everyones opinion on which beltless pants to get. Smitty, Sansabelt, or Gerry Davis. Looking for a pair that are a little more form fitting and tapper down. How does each pair of pants fit. I am 5'9 155lbs.

We're pretty much the exact same size. The Sansabelt's seem to fit the best and have the best cut for me.