The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 26, 2009, 01:11pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Smitty Flat Front Beltless Pants

I am thinking about buying my first pair of beltless pants. In jeans I normally wear a 32 waist but that is with some room and I tighten my pants with a blets. Could very easily fit into a 31. How much give is in these beltless pants? What size should I get. I'm a thin guy, but 4 years down the road if I gain some weight don't want to have to buy new pants.
Old Sat Dec 26, 2009, 01:29pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhjordan23 View Post
In jeans I normally wear a 32 waist but that is with some room and I tighten my pants with a blets.
So, you take these guys with you everywhere you go?

Old Sat Dec 26, 2009, 02:56pm
M.A.S.H.

Call and talk to whichever officiating store you are going to buy them from...they will be able to help you out.

If you are worried about gaining/losing weight the new Gerry Davis pants might be for you. Although, I don't like these pants since the slider tab is exposed...but that's just me.

Gerry Davis Sports: Davis Basketball Pants
Old Sat Dec 26, 2009, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

If buying a new pair of pants in 4 years is something that concerns you, I am sure you would be able to afford it by working...let's see may be 10 games a year!! Talk about tightwads!!
Old Sat Dec 26, 2009, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I am thinking about buying my first pair of beltless pants. In jeans I normally wear a 32 waist but that is with some room and I tighten my pants with a blets. Could very easily fit into a 31. How much give is in these beltless pants? What size should I get. I'm a thin guy, but 4 years down the road if I gain some weight don't want to have to buy new pants.
Personally, I buy Haggar Cool 18 pants and have the belt loops removed for several dollars. The pants are available at Kohl's for about $35. They are very comfortable, durable (probably not as durable as the burlap sack Sansabelt, etc,), and wear well. They also have an expandable waist band (good thing since I lost a couple inches since last year -- bought them with little room to expand, now they fit very well).
Old Sun Dec 27, 2009, 01:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Got news for you partner. Pants aren't going to last that long. You're not wearing these slacks to church. You're running miles and miles in them, sweating in them, washing them after every game. If you're still wearing the same pants in 4 years, you'll look like crap.

I would suggest you rotate a minimum of two pairs of slacks and that you replace them every couple of years. Spend some money, it's tax deductible.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Dec 27, 2009, 01:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Got news for you partner. Pants aren't going to last that long. You're not wearing these slacks to church. You're running miles and miles in them, sweating in them, washing them after every game. If you're still wearing the same pants in 4 years, you'll look like crap.

I would suggest you rotate a minimum of two pairs of slacks and that you replace them every couple of years. Spend some money, it's tax deductible.
Well, I've been wearing the same Sansabelts for four years. And I look like crap. But changing the pants ain't gonna change that
Old Sun Dec 27, 2009, 06:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post

It's always miffed me how someone can officiate, say at a minimum 50 games a season which is at least 1,500 bucks on the lowside and not spend a few hundred every other year for uniform upgrades.

It's the cost of doing business and have some respect for yourself and how you look on the court.