The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 12, 2009, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

Question Lag Time

I used the search function, but did not find anything.

I remember reading about "Lag Time" a couple of years ago, but do not remember the details. It has something to do with newer clocks that have "tenths of seconds" on them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the FED rules/rulings concerning lag time?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sat Dec 12, 2009, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

I believe lag time was done away with. Before, the scorer was given up to a second to stop the clock, and by rule the officials could not put back the correct time, but since then, we're allowed to put back the exact amount of time on the clock if we have definite knowledge.