The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 10:49am
Official Forum Member

Time-Out area

One of the rule clarifications this season for NFHS games is the designation of the imaginary rectangle for time-outs. Last night, we had a team who rushed out on the court each time a time-out was called, and the coach conducted his time-outs outside the imaginary rectangle. I told him twice to move back closer to the bench area, and my partner went over and showed him where he could conduct his time-out huddles. It was obvious that this coach was not going to listen to the officials, and would conduct his time-outs where he wanted to. Is there any enforcement of this rule? It is not one of the four team warnings, so I would assume the only enforcement would be a technical foul. Any advice?
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

Where exactly on the court was he conducting his timeouts? The TO area is pretty large - a team has to really try to be outside it, IMO...
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 07:52pm
Official Forum Member

Yep, this calls for a stern warning followed by a technical foul, if the coach refuses to respect the instruction.
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

This coach had his bench players run onto the court to greet the players. One of the huddles was actually in front of the scorers table. Three others were between the top of the key and the division line circle. The initial time I asked the coach to move closer to the bench area was when they included me in their huddle on a 30 second time out (In 2-person, I was standing on the front side of the division line circle).
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 11:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodibuck View Post
This coach had his bench players run onto the court to greet the players. One of the huddles was actually in front of the scorers table. Three others were between the top of the key and the division line circle. The initial time I asked the coach to move closer to the bench area was when they included me in their huddle on a 30 second time out (In 2-person, I was standing on the front side of the division line circle).
At least you knew what was coming...I always like to be included
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Yep, this calls for a stern warning followed by a technical foul, if the coach refuses to respect the instruction.
Really? While I am measuring the width of the side panels on the teams uniforms I will be sure and mention it...HA HA

-General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 11:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j51969 View Post
Really? While I am measuring the width of the side panels on the teams uniforms I will be sure and mention it...HA HA
So what do you recommend doing, after instructing the coach to have his team adhere to the rule and he totally ignores you?

I'm certainly not going to eat sh!t from him all night like you apparently will, junior.
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 11:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
There are things that can be looked the other way on and then things that need to be addressed. This would be the latter IMHO. Would it go so far as a T? Probably not unless the coach wanted it to, but it would be addressed. You can't have teams setting up shop in front of the table, period.
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 11:24pm
Official Forum Member

So there just running around all crazy for 30 to 60 sec? My guess is this is being blown out of proportion. Or at the very least is an major exception the the rule as is usual on here. Got to get it to the nats' *** everytime. Good luck!

Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 11:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
So there just running around all crazy for 30 to 60 sec? My guess is this is being blown out of proportion. Or at the very least is an major exception the the rule as is usual on here. Got to get it to the nats' *** everytime. Good luck!
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 11:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Could someone please translate this into English?
Old Thu Dec 10, 2009, 12:13am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Not me. I'm with Nevada on this one, BTW.
Old Thu Dec 10, 2009, 01:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
So you aren't on here to learn and I don't see your posts as trying to teach anyone so what is your point...Your signature line tells me all I need to know about you.
Old Thu Dec 10, 2009, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Apparently you lack a sense of humor as well...you guys are way to deep and brilliant for me...sorry

I will hang up now

Old Thu Dec 10, 2009, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muxbule View Post
So you aren't on here to learn and I don't see your posts as trying to teach anyone so what is your point...Your signature line tells me all I need to know about you.
I will change for you sense I have offened you delicate nature