The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 02, 2009, 09:22pm
Official Forum Member

Whistle in the Crowd

I'm at the Bulls-Pistons game tonight, and during the first half, the Bulls entertainment people started a cheer in the nosebleed section using a whistle.

Obviously the entertainment rules are totally different in the NBA than in NFHS.

My question is, how many people have had to deal with a whistle in the crowd before?
Old Wed Dec 02, 2009, 09:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
My question is, how many people have had to deal with a whistle in the crowd before?
NFHS is easy because the rules prohibit artificial noisemakers, so the referee would simply inform game management to have the item removed.
Old Wed Dec 02, 2009, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
I'm at the Bulls-Pistons game tonight, and during the first half, the Bulls entertainment people started a cheer in the nosebleed section using a whistle.

Obviously the entertainment rules are totally different in the NBA than in NFHS.

Just when I wear my really tight pants.
Old Wed Dec 02, 2009, 10:38pm
Official Forum Member

mark..... Is that you?
Old Wed Dec 02, 2009, 10:59pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKOFL View Post
mark..... Is that you?
I only wear my really tight pants when there's really cute female coaches. Or the Mayor of Portland is in the stands.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old Thu Dec 03, 2009, 01:38am
Official Forum Member

Not a whistle but on the same subject, we had a laser pointer in the stands last year during a JH game. Partner goes to the table to have them get game management, but the home HC steps up and says he would take care of it. He gets the crowd's attention, announces that it needs to be put away or the owner would be ejected if caught. No more problems after that.
Old Thu Dec 03, 2009, 01:51am
Official Forum Member

No whistle in the crowd either but a wrestling practice taking place upstairs behind the stands and that coach using a whistle to conduct practice. This was the game prior to ours. Our R goes to game mangement and asks for it to be stopped. He did and no problems.
This was a tournament and apparently they had run into this the night before with girls stopping on the wrestling whistle. Not sure why it was allowed the next night until we said something.
Old Thu Dec 03, 2009, 07:14am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Not a whistle but on the same subject, we had a laser pointer in the stands last year during a JH game. Partner goes to the table to have them get game management, but the home HC steps up and says he would take care of it. He gets the crowd's attention, announces that it needs to be put away or the owner would be ejected if caught. No more problems after that.
I had a laser pointer last yr too. As T, during a foul shot I see the red dot on one of the player's torso's. I got game management involved who went up into the crowd and took care of the incident.

No whisltes for me either that I can recall.
Old Thu Dec 03, 2009, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

We had a whistle in the crowd last year. We heard it twice and both times players stopped play. Went to game management. He asked who was doing it and we had no way to know - but knew which end of the court it was happening.

He picked up mic and spoke to crowd. He told them since we couldn't determine the individual who was ruining the game by blowing a whistle - everyone on that end of the gym would need to leave the fieldhouse immediately. It was great!!! There were so many fingers pointing at the individual who had the whistle it was almost funny. The game manager waved him down and he was escourted out by police. I don't think they ticketed him. The game continued ...
Old Thu Dec 03, 2009, 10:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrusepengui View Post
He picked up mic and spoke to crowd. He told them since we couldn't determine the individual who was ruining the game by blowing a whistle - everyone on that end of the gym would need to leave the fieldhouse immediately. ..
Good solution. "Fieldhouse"?? Are you in the midwest?
Old Thu Dec 03, 2009, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Yep - Wisconsin