Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
....It's just you.
I have heard that before.
Old Thu Oct 29, 2009, 05:50pm
Esteemed Forum Member

You Think It Won't Happen ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
They seem to be an off white/light-gray shirt with totally black sleeves. No stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
What's wrong with stripes? Change for change sake.
What will happen when, in a "big game" (not Sacramento Kings vs. Milwaukee Bucks), on a "big play" during the final two minutes of a game (the only interesting part of an NBA game), a superstar, wearing a home white jersey, mistakenly passes the ball to an official in an off white jersey, thinking that he is a teammate?

I thought we wore stripes, or gray, to make us look different than what the players on the court were wearing.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Thu Oct 29, 2009, 07:07pm
Official Forum Member

You mean like this: YouTube - Scottie Pippen passes to referee on fast break!!!
Old Thu Oct 29, 2009, 08:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Assist: Pippen ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
Pippen must be colorblind. He's wearing a red jersey and passes it to someone wearing a gray jersey. Good video. Thanks.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Mon Nov 02, 2009, 04:35am
Official Forum Member

Maybe . . .

Adidas calls the NBA office: "Hello, Commissioner Stern? Yes, this is (high level executive) here. We want to pay you an absurd amount of money to be the "official" sponsor of the NBA's referee people, corp, whatever. We want to have your referrees wear our product, because let's be honest here David . . . I may call you David, correct? I mean, after all, we ARE going to spend an absurd amount of money on the NBA. (low, gutteral laugh) Anyway, we want to give the NBA a ridiculously large sum of money for the rights to 'outfit' your officials with Adidas products. Besides, we know that they will be seen about 40-50 times a night as it is, reporting fouls and such, so I feel like this could be a win-win. Sounds good, right?"

David Stern: "Um, yes. Certainly. Of course, our goal is always to build on the public image of the NBA, commercializing our interests into every fabric of existence across the globe, so yes, if Adidas is able to help us in our quest for world domination, then that would be wonderful."

Adidas High Level Executive: "Great David. So, here's how this will play out . . . we are going to give you a really big check, with a ridiculous number of zeros following a 1 or 2, maybe a 3. Afterward, I am going to have Johnny, our 2nd Assistant to the Assistant Executive Associate Design Developer draw up some ideas for the new look of the officials shirts."

David Stern: "You mean Official's Jerserys. Yes?"

Adidas High Level Executive: "Um, yeah, sure. Anyway, he will put together some drawings and send them over. Sounds good, right?"

David Stern: "What was the amount on that check again?"

Adidas High Level Executive: "Lots of zeros David. LOTS of zeros. Keep your eyes on the prize . . ."

David Stern: "Ah yes. World Domination.'

Adidas High Level Executive: "Sure, whatever."

David Stern: "Send those drawings over right away then. I'll have a look at them."

Adidas High Level Executive: "It's going to take a few weeks to put everything together. Is that OK?"

David Stern: "Sure. They're approved."

Adidas High Level Executive: "But you haven't seen them yet."

David Stern: "Just add another zero to that check . . . in front of the little decimal point. Thanks."

And that folks is how the NBA came to have new official's shirts/jerseys. The end.
Old Mon Nov 02, 2009, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

3 officials went (for the group) and looked at the options for the new shirts and chose this one. I would hate to see what the other options were if they picked this one as the best one.
Old Mon Nov 02, 2009, 09:36am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Heart View Post
I would hate to see what the other options were if they picked this one as the best one.
And I'm sure now, Mr. Padgett will probably post some of the other choices.......
Old Mon Nov 02, 2009, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

I'm so confused

I thought the jerseys were temporary -- because of the lockout the officials couldn't attend uniform measurement day and they're wearing their jerseys from the summer beer league softball team until everyone goes through Portland for measurements.

It makes me nostalgic for the Memphis Tams.