Thread: New NBA shirts
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 02, 2009, 04:35am
Official Forum Member

Maybe . . .

Adidas calls the NBA office: "Hello, Commissioner Stern? Yes, this is (high level executive) here. We want to pay you an absurd amount of money to be the "official" sponsor of the NBA's referee people, corp, whatever. We want to have your referrees wear our product, because let's be honest here David . . . I may call you David, correct? I mean, after all, we ARE going to spend an absurd amount of money on the NBA. (low, gutteral laugh) Anyway, we want to give the NBA a ridiculously large sum of money for the rights to 'outfit' your officials with Adidas products. Besides, we know that they will be seen about 40-50 times a night as it is, reporting fouls and such, so I feel like this could be a win-win. Sounds good, right?"

David Stern: "Um, yes. Certainly. Of course, our goal is always to build on the public image of the NBA, commercializing our interests into every fabric of existence across the globe, so yes, if Adidas is able to help us in our quest for world domination, then that would be wonderful."

Adidas High Level Executive: "Great David. So, here's how this will play out . . . we are going to give you a really big check, with a ridiculous number of zeros following a 1 or 2, maybe a 3. Afterward, I am going to have Johnny, our 2nd Assistant to the Assistant Executive Associate Design Developer draw up some ideas for the new look of the officials shirts."

David Stern: "You mean Official's Jerserys. Yes?"

Adidas High Level Executive: "Um, yeah, sure. Anyway, he will put together some drawings and send them over. Sounds good, right?"

David Stern: "What was the amount on that check again?"

Adidas High Level Executive: "Lots of zeros David. LOTS of zeros. Keep your eyes on the prize . . ."

David Stern: "Ah yes. World Domination.'

Adidas High Level Executive: "Sure, whatever."

David Stern: "Send those drawings over right away then. I'll have a look at them."

Adidas High Level Executive: "It's going to take a few weeks to put everything together. Is that OK?"

David Stern: "Sure. They're approved."

Adidas High Level Executive: "But you haven't seen them yet."

David Stern: "Just add another zero to that check . . . in front of the little decimal point. Thanks."

And that folks is how the NBA came to have new official's shirts/jerseys. The end.