The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 09, 2005, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

I ordered two of the micro-softer shirts from OC last year and they were great. I was wondering if any other suppliers have came out with something close to this micro-softer material. With the great rep that OC is building I'm looking for someone with a little better service. Has anyone tried these? Anything comparable?
Old Tue Aug 09, 2005, 05:20pm
Official Forum Member

I've said this a few times, but I've had no problem whatsoever with the Officials Choice, mostly because I do all my business with them over the phone. Try giving them a call, you should be able to get what you need. I haven't found anything close to the micro-softer yet, and since I'm a member of IAABO, I'm sorta stuck with the officials choice for stripes.
Old Tue Aug 09, 2005, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

I wear the micro-mesh shirt that Honig's makes. I like the product and have always had great service from their people.
Old Wed Aug 10, 2005, 07:53am
M.A.S.H.

Anyone got the new Smitty's Pro Cool shirt?
Old Wed Aug 10, 2005, 03:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Anyone got the new Smitty's Pro Cool shirt?
I've got it and it is just like the cliff keen micro-mesh. I see no difference besides it is a little more form fitting.
Old Wed Aug 10, 2005, 09:13pm
Official Forum Member

Micro-softer is likely a brand name (or an attempt at one) similar to Coolmax, Dri-Fit, Clima-Cool, etc. McDavid makes an Interawear official's shirt that's basically the same idea. They are all a microfiber polyester rather than the traditional double-knit polyester that's been around for years. The newer material is much lighter and wisks (to varying degrees) moisture away from the body. If you wear a tight undershirt, say from Under Armour or Nike Dri-Fit Pro (the Nikes run VERY small, I might add), then you won't have that soaked feeling if you sweat like a pig (like I do).

The trick now is to find some microfiber pants. Nike and a few other companies make black golf pants, but they have belt loops and cuffs. I'm an on the trail of some microfiber Sansabelt, as I saw something from them on the web, but the site was discontinuing them.

Hopefully, doubleknit polyester will be a thing of the past soon.